(Closed) Visitation changes

posted 6 years ago in Legal
Post # 3
3968 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

@cupcakeFL:  I am not a lawyer, but I think you would need to file something with a lawyer’s help if legally you want to prevent him from having contact with your child.

Post # 4
544 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

You could go to child and youth services and file a report…I believe they have to legally investigate all reports of abuse or neglect and they could remove the father’s parental rights pending a hearing.  This way it’s the state vs. your child’s father instead of you.

They could also provide you advice/assistance as well…

Post # 5
46408 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

Do you have family court where you live? A judge acts as a mediator- it’s not an adversarial process.

I handled all that stuff without a lawyer.

The topic ‘Visitation changes’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors