(Closed) VT Brides for 2012/2013 – where are you getting married?

posted 6 years ago in Vermont
Post # 3
437 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

@thewheelsonthebus:  I agree! I’m always checking the local boards. I’m a bride living in Boston getting married in Charlotte, Vermont. When we first started thinking about where we wanted to get married we thought we might want to stay around here. But FH and I both don’t have any family in the area. Everyone would be traveling to Boston from Upstate NY, NJ, Southern Vermont, and Illinois. So why not get married somewhere that is cheaper and holds a lot of meaning for us. This is why we choose Vermont. We fell in love there and FH’s dad has a boat on Lake Champlain. We chose the Old Lantern in Charlotte for budget reasons and for its close proximity to Burlington. And we are sooooo excited. Here is a pic of the inside (very empty). It has a very woodsy feel which I love. 

Post # 6
198 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: August 2008

@Soon2bSykes : I got married at the Old Lantern! I absolutely loved it! Lisa was amazing the day of, the food was great, I did my flowers through them and they were beautiful. I cannot speak highly enough of my experience there. Let me know if you have any questions as I’d be happy to answer any I can. 

Post # 7
437 posts
Helper bee

@belleforest:  That’s so great to hear! I dug through your old posts and saw another bride that also got married there last year. I have heard only good things so far- I’m so excited!!! I’ll let you know if I think of any questions. 

Post # 8
30 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2012

We looked into the Old Lantern but they were booked our weekend. πŸ™  We are getting married at the Chapel at St. Mikes and having our reception at the Sunset Ballroom in South Burlington.  It’s a beautiful room and has a rooftop terrace that overlooks the Mountains and Lake Champlain!  They have been WONDERFUL to work with and I can’t wait for our Big day in July! πŸ˜€

Post # 9
561 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2012

We are having a very small wedding (20 guests + 1 small dog) so we rented a lakehouse on South Hero island.  The owner of the rental has been very accomodating! I am excited about staying in the lakehouse the week after the wedding because we are not honeymooning until the winter.  

Post # 10
205 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

Our wedding will be somewhat small (probably less than 100 people). We are getting married and having our reception at Our Lady of the Angels in Randolph. Here are some pictures of the church and the reception hall. They are in the same building, which will be nice for our guests since we’re getting married in December! They won’t have to go out in the cold to get to our reception. πŸ™‚

Post # 11
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Hi guys!

My fiance and I just made our date official a few days ago. We’re getting married on September 21, 2013 at Echo Lake Inn in Ludlow, VT. The place is absolutely beautiful and I’m hoping it’ll be a great weekend. Anyone been to a wedding there or had one yourself?

Post # 12
437 posts
Helper bee

@Lala13:  Welcome! I saw a wedding on SMP I think or one of the wedding blogs I check that was at Echo Lake Inn- It was GORGEOUS. We had already planned our wedding when I saw it but it seriously made me double think our choice of venue. Good luck with all the planning. 

Post # 13
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: October 2013

I am so excited to be getting married and we are booked in October 2013 at The Old Lantern in Charlotte, Vt! I live in California, so it will be a bit stressful planning a wedding from here, but Lisa, Roland and Julie are the best! I cannot decided on my colors because I want to stay rustic in theme with the Old Lantern, yet romantic and elegant at the same time…AND all in tune with a fall wedding! Yes, a little confusing so any input would be great!

Post # 14
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Hi everyone! Looking at venues in Northern Vermont and am in between two right now!  Shelburne Farms and Stowe Mountain Resort.  Has anyone been to weddings at either place?  Looking for 2013. There are so many pros and cons of each but I guess I have to decide sooner than later! Any help would be appreciated!

Post # 15
437 posts
Helper bee

@cgaujac:  Congrats! They have been great to work with so far. I will say that being a “destination” bride has it’s challenges. I actually ended up hiring a differnt DOC to help me with the welcome reception, actually wedding, and the morning after brunch. It’s been the best decision I have made so far. She is local and can take care of anything I need! Let me know if you have any questions!

@Mirror_Mirror:  I haven’t been to either but have heard great things about both. Shelburne farms is more convenient to people travelling from OOS if that makes a difference. 

Post # 16
11 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2013

Hi Ladies!

Another Boston Bride-to-be looking for a VT location. If you don’t mind, I thought I’d pick your brains about locations.

Our wishlist

• Fairly small (~40 people tops)
  • Close to either Burlington or Middlebury (Lots of people flying in and lots of Midd grads)
  • Pretty low-key, but not bare bones
  • For summer 2013

I’m somewhat in love with the Shelburne Farms Inn, but its a little small (28 people) and has no after-dinner activities available.

Anyone have ideas? Somewhere you looked at?

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

The topic ‘VT Brides for 2012/2013 – where are you getting married?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors