(Closed) VW351011 – white or ivory?

posted 5 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
272 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

my Future Sister-In-Law wore this dress in ivory. She is very pale and I have heard ivory works well with pale complexions. If you have very tan skin or darker skin pure white might look better. In her pictures you can’t really tell the ivory is not pure white and it looks great with her skin. Hope this helps!

Post # 4
835 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2013

I think Ivory is the new White these days, as it compliments most skin tones. And unless it’s held up again something white to compare, your dress will still come off as white, probably 🙂

Post # 5
214 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

I’m not a big fan of pure white , I just think its too harsh. I love Ivory ad think that dress looks amazing in Ivory.

Post # 6
685 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

I love ivory wedding gowns (mine’s ivory, I might be biased haha).  I just looked this one up and normally I wouldn’t say this, but the blush version looks BEAUTIFUL if you’d ever consider that color–otherwise I’d go with ivory

Post # 7
1030 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

It really depends on your skin tone and the fabric of the dress.  I also am not a fan of stark white BUT my dress in ivory looked yellow against my skin. I ordered white and it looks great … not stark at all.

Post # 9
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2014

@FutureMrsMagnusson:  Hi there, I’m also living in the UK and in LOVE with this dress. Just wondering if you’ve made any contact with David’s Bridal to have it shipped to UK? Thanks xx

Post # 11
8 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2014

@FutureMrsMagnusson:  Thanks for that. I might give them a call and try and sweet talk a store to ship it. I was going to plan a quick trip to NYC but my FH suggested I just buy the dress and if I hate it, can sell it (highly unlikely!) and would still be saving ££. Failing that I’ll be sweet talking some US/Canadian friends to ship it for me. Out of interest – how much was the shipping? tracked/insurance etc? Sorry for all the questions I just NEED this dress LOL.

Post # 12
5269 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2016

Here is VW351010 in Ivory

Post # 13
5269 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2016

The soft white in the VW351011 did not look good on me at all and I love white dresses!! But this particular “soft” white didn’t do anything for me…. Go with ivory I say!!! Good luck!!!!

Post # 15
219 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 2014

Ivory tends to compliment most people’s skin tones more than white.  It is very hard to pull off the bright white, so I say go ivory!

The topic ‘VW351011 – white or ivory?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors