(Closed) Waiting bees! 2014 could be our year! How are you feeling? Any progress?

posted 7 years ago in Waiting
Post # 63
420 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@quierajen:  beautiful ring! I love 3 stone styles. 

I’m not sure if SO is still planning on buying a ring and proposing this year. He did tell me that he wants me to be in a red wedding dress so that’s keeping my mind occupied. 

Post # 64
6 posts
Newbee

Absolutely NO CHANCE I am getting engaged in 2014 Laughing But wishing the best of everything to all waiting bees! <3

Post # 65
265 posts
Helper bee

I could say that 2013 or 2014 was my year.  My now Fiance proposed right before the ball dropped last night.  I’m saying we’re engaged as of December 31, 2013 because that’s also my mom’s birthday.  Well, and he technically asked me on that day.  It wasn’t midnight yet.  Those are all lovely rings that you all are wishing for!  I hope that you get them this year!

Post # 66
9578 posts
Buzzing Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2015

I think this is definitely our year. I’m hoping my dream Tiffany setting ring will be on my finger by June as we’ve been talking about a May or June 2015 wedding. Ahhhh!!! So excited!

Post # 67
2 posts
Wannabee

hi bees! include me in the list ๐Ÿ™‚ I am sure 2014 will be the year – we have been talking about getting engaged since june 2013 but I couldnt decide on the ring I want (he knows I hate surprises and I am uber- obssesed with e – rings so he asked me what I want). Finally after considering every possibility I made up my mind on Christmas – I will be getting a white gold solitaire Dinnachi setting with around 0.5 ct center stone. I am finishing my master in April/May and should be starting a new job in March. Since my birthday is in August and he said it will be before that and we are planning May/June 2015 wedding I am assuming that I will be engaged by July 2014 at the latest! soooo excited!!!

Post # 68
889 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2015

I love this thread! I really enjoyed all the positivity and excitement of all you 2014 waiting bees! I hope everyone had a very happy new year’s celebration!

I didn’t get the 2%-chance-it-would-actually-happen-on-NYE proposal that I very briefly entertained the idea of (deep down I knew it wasn’t meant for NYE), but I did get the biggest timeline hint yet from Mr. H: we were toasting to 2014, enjoying the fireworks (we live downtown, so we can watch all the fireworks displays from our window), and I said, “I’m really excited for 2014. We have so much coming up–Valentine’s Day (which is 1 year since ‘I love you’), your birthday, your graduation, and our 2 year anniversary, and that’s just the first 6 months!” And he looks at me all serious, and says, “You need to know that this is going to be the most important year of OUR lives.” Then he grinned like a kid who just got candy. ๐Ÿ™‚ So yeah, it’s pretty much confirmed I think…it’s happening in 2014 and so I guess that means any day now for the next 363 days ๐Ÿ˜‰

Post # 70
498 posts
Helper bee

I am thinking 2014 will be the year. He asked me to be patient with him because he is working hard at getting me what I want and has taken on a second job. (ring money???) I am hoping sooner rather than later though because I want a destination wedding in the earlier part of the year. So fingers crossed I am hoping for before March.

Post # 71
133 posts
Blushing bee

Well, i was feeling pretty positive before Xmas, then the bombardment of engagements happened during the holidays, add on to the fact that in 5 days we go to Mexico for his younger brother’s wedding, and now i just feel bummed out! I know it will happen this year, as we have been looking at rings regularly, and i think that SO is just waiting for his brother to have his “moment” and then he will propose….but still, our 5 year is in February and i’ve been waiting seriously for two years….and before his brother got engaged i was positive it was going to happen by the end of 2013. Highs and lows, and with all this wedding talk around me and getting a “to our son and his girlfriend” xmas card from the inlaws ( i hate the term girlfriend, i’m so much more than that!) plus everyone is talking about their “welcome to the family” speech for the bride , i have just been feeling really left out and down. i am really close with his family and cannot wait for the day to “officially on paper” be a part of it, i’ll admit i’m a tad jealous that after three years, she gets to share the last name before i do…..

I’m more happy than jealous though, but this week has just been emotional for me ( it’s that lovely time of the month where it doesn’t take much to sway my mood to the sad side)

that’s it, after this wedding, 2014 is my year gosh darn it! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 72
220 posts
Helper bee

In 2014 we will celebrate our SIXTH anniversary, and I also think this is finally our year to be engaged. which is great because after 2 years of waiting and 2 of my best frienda getting engaged in the last month, i wont survive much longer!

signs pointing to 2014:

• he has stated that it is one of his goals / milestones for the year, and at one point said he would ideally like it to happen in the first 6 months in a perfect world
  • he asks me my opinion of rings every time a friend gets engaged or we see a proposal on tv, although he won’t come out and ask me what I like
  • he had me show him a ring similar to my friends online on a custom website to explain how settings and center stones are chosen, and get a sense for the price of her ring 
  • he said he has a savings fund started for the ring already

my concerns:

• He’s a small business owner, and finances are always variable, so I don’t know if the June 2014 timeline can truly happen…which will crush me
  • it’s getting harder to be patient with close friends engagements happening constantly after shorter relationships. 2 engaged recently, and 2 likely to happen in 2014. I just hope I’m the one who’s next this time!

Last but not least….my fantasy (stolen from another bee):

Post # 73
220 posts
Helper bee

oops! Picture didn’t take

Post # 74
68 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

View original reply
@prettyinpink11:  my lease will be up in September. He asked to go look at rings again this weekend so hopefully he’ll buy one this time. Then the waiting will really begin!!

Post # 75
337 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@imsandradee:  my SO told me he had looked at pear shaped diamonds for my e-ring and I said ehhh I’m not so fond of them haha but after looking at yours OMG it’s sooo pretty! If I would have seen that one before my SO told me about it I’d say yes I’ll take it hahaha

The topic ‘Waiting bees! 2014 could be our year! How are you feeling? Any progress?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors