(Closed) Waiting bees! 2014 could be our year! How are you feeling? Any progress?

posted 7 years ago in Waiting
Post # 78
498 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
@prettyinpink11:  The caribbean somewhere. I already asked him a long time ago and he said it was the best idea (we both don’t want a big wedding). I am sooooo excited….

Post # 80
964 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2015

this should be mine before june. 🙂

Post # 82
964 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@prettyinpink11:  thanks, even more exciting. he brought the ring today! we were walking past the jeweler which had the ring I liked and he said ‘I’ve not seen it in person, show me’ so I pointed in out in the window and he said I should try it on so we went in and I tried it on and he just said to the lady ‘we’ll have that’ and brought it on the spot. I was a bit stunned!

Post # 84
964 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@prettyinpink11:  that was quick reply! :]

we just got out of the shop and we were having a lovey moment and he went to put his arm around me and basically hit another girl in the face by accident! she was holding her eye and SO kept saying sorry. when we got away he said ‘what a moment killer’ and I just burst out laughing, poor girl!

Post # 85
131 posts
Blushing bee

SO told me he has been thinking about it a lot – obviously the boom of engagements this season has got both of us on the edge!

Post # 87
131 posts
Blushing bee

View original reply
@prettyinpink11:  We met in March of 2012 and began dating in April that same year!

Post # 88
3960 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

I’m 100% positive that 2014 is my year. After nearly six months of obsessing and agonizing over everything, I have come full circle to a place of calm. Wedding fever, as I call it, came out of nowhere, and I mean nowhere. I just remember waking up and being OBSESSED with getting engaged (it didn’t help my sister and two best friends got engaged and married in 2012 and 2013). 

I convinced my SO to seriously consider looking at rings with me as a “birthday” present in September. By that time, I already had an idea of what I was looking for. I gave him a list of three rings that I wanted him to use as inspiration or actually purchase if I’m so lucky. About two weeks ago, he actually mentioned, completely out of the blue, that he really liked this one particular ring and, oh, did you know, the website that has it offers layaway? I could barely contain my excitement!!!!

Last week, he and my dad went to watch the game just the two of them and when they got home, my dad gave me a weird little look and looked like he may have been crying! (My dad is a total sap.) Also, recently, my two best friends, who I told him would be a great asset to planning a proposal, have brought up how I might want to be proposed when the time comes, etc. 

We are taking a trip to Disney for Valentine’s Day and…I don’t want to jinx anything, but I think this is it. I’ve been getting a manicure every week since he mentioned the layaway option, so if it doesn’t happen soon, homeboy is going to owe me some mula, haha. 

Post # 89
163 posts
Blushing bee

I know 2014 is going to be my year because I know the ring is on order, I just don’t know how many months I will have to wait (pleaes not many)….

Post # 90
964 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
@prettyinpink11:  in the end I just said ‘she’ll be fine!’ and walked off. so mean but SO would still be staying sorry to her now if I hadn’t have pulled him away! ha

Post # 91
298 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

This is my year, too!!! SUPER EXCITED!! I am hoping for something like this:

The topic ‘Waiting bees! 2014 could be our year! How are you feeling? Any progress?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors