(Closed) Waiting bees! 2014 could be our year! How are you feeling? Any progress?

posted 7 years ago in Waiting
Post # 107
522 posts
Busy bee

Here is my waiting update:

I stayed away from the bee and everything wedding related for about 3 weeks. I started to get super stressed with all of the holiday engagements that were cropping up and it was making me depressed. My SO has been saving up quite a bit (halfway to the budget!) and I told him I wanted to look at a few more rings before I knew for sure that the ring we decided on was “the one”.

Turns out, it wasn’t! We looked at it again and I didn’t like the sideview, or the fact that a wedding band wouldn’t sit flush. We wound up spending an entire day going from store to store, trying to find what we both liked. Aside from that, my SO has been saying that he can’t wait for us to actually be engaged and that it will happen sooner than I know it. 

Right now we’re in between these two:

RING 1:

RING 2:

Post # 108
142 posts
Blushing bee

Well –  My SO and I had a interesting weekend … my Boyfriend or Best Friend and I are now officially planning our wedding ..although I am still waiting for the official proposal Undecided

After our “date” Saturday, we were settling in … SO was watching Everybody Loves Raymond while I got ready for bed…it was the episode where Raymond’s brother is getting married.   With us buying our house next year I would prefer to either elope or hold off on the wedding until after we get our house settled..but SO really wants a more traditional wedding and does not want to wait too long after purchasing the house to marry.

Anyway, he says to me “dont you want a wedding so we can look back on the memories (referring to the episode of Everybody Loves Raymond)?  I said sure that would nice but you know we have the house and we can’t put anything on credit right now (we are 100% debt free and need to keep it that way so we can keep our credit scores high to obtain the best interest rates). Well, SO spent several minutes trying to convince me that we could buy the house AND have a wedding … which I found completely ironic considering I’m still waiting for the proposal!!! He even called his friend (and it was late) to get the name of the venue he and his wife booked since he said their wedding was “nice” and “cheap.”  We spent an hour online reading reviews and watching videos of the venue as he tried to convince me to have our wedding there.

Weellllllll … now SO has me planning our wedding as I wait for the proposal!! Arrgggggggg!!!! I was patiently waiting before, but now I’m getting anxious!!! Do it already!! ok bratty rant over… Well I guess the good news is we won’t need a long engagement since the majority of the planning will be done.

Post # 109
2452 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@MaidMarian:  Hahaha, thanks, yeah I think more communication is always a good idea! I am so hoping to bridge the gap. I am so, so, so excited about it! I think I’m gonna start my job search and networking with people I know next month, but I want to meet with a career counselor now from my alma mater so I can figure out exactly what I should be doing.

Semi-long distance sounds harder sometimes than long distance, at least where planning visits is concerned. I’ve seen that not through my own experience but through my friends’. I’m glad you made it through.

How have things been going for you in general?

Post # 111
2452 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@prettyinpink11:  Hey sorry I forgot to come back to this thread somehow!

He’s studying robotics basically. He’s an engineer by training. Thanks for the compliments, I really appreciate them. Sometimes I feel like it’s way too early to be thinking about this because we seem to be on different timelines, but as long as that’s not affecting my relationship negatively I think it’s probably fine. I’m not wedding-obsessed, so that makes things easier. I guess I’ve actually been patient because I also don’t bring marriage up too frequently or in a nagging way. I don’t believe in pressure, so I’m really happy with that.

Whenever I think about the whole situation logically, I realize (1) I’m applying for professional school next year and if I get in that means we will be graduating 5 years from this coming spring and (2) getting engaged, having a wedding, making a marriage–those things seem amazing and are things that I definitely want in my life, but at the end of the day the only thing that actually matters is the relationship between my SO and me…if we’re generally happy and we are continuing to get closer and build on our relationship, well then we’re moving in the direction that we want to go in anyway. I guess more and more I’m starting to think that these formal declarations are icing on the cake, and that you can have the cake without the icing. The cake (in my mind, the commitment and growth of a relationship) is the important thing anyway. I’m so cheesy! πŸ˜‰

I’m so happy that you’ve enjoyed your time together and are ready to take the next step! Wow, living together sounds intense and amazing at the same time. How has that been going? I think I read somewhere on the boards that the first year of living togeter is quite an adjustment for many couples and that there’s a lot of hard work involved–did you find that to be true?

A 2 yr engagement seems like a long time, but I’m sure it’ll be nice because it’ll allow you to spread out the planning so that you can be more relaxed about the process and take your time figuring things out. Less stress is always the better way to go!

Hahaha, I’m sure your ring will look perfect even if there is no pink stone in the e-ring. If your SO wants you to have a more traditional wedding band as well, you should get a pink CZ stacker or two to switch out for a change. πŸ˜‰

Post # 112
1459 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2017 - Bristol zoo

View original reply
@MissMarple:  sounds like you have a pretty decent plan there πŸ˜€ will you be moving to him?

And career advice is good, I wish I’d taken more advantage of it when I was studying πŸ™‚ (also did I read he’s studying robotics? That’s just beyond awesome!)

Things are pretty good atm, we get to practice being parents on our rabbits lol, we’re only a couple of weeks out from finding out the results that I hope will mark the beginning of him thinking about engagement seriously, there’s also talk of us moving into a rental property that my parents own which is near to a good number of my family so I’m very excited about the possibility of that πŸ˜€

You always seem to be in such a good frame of mind πŸ˜€ I could really do with taking a leaf out of your book lol xxx

Post # 113
137 posts
Blushing bee

Yesterday SO told me that he’s definitely ready to be engaged, but he’s not financially ready. He mentions marraige and the engagement on a very regular basis. Originally I felt like the proposal would happen in the last quarter, but now I’m starting to think it’ll be a summer proposal!

Post # 114
136 posts
Blushing bee

Ummm!!! Where to begin, we have a Hawaiian vacation slated for August, our 6 year anniversary is coming up in March; and my Birthday is on Feb 3rd. Do I think it will happen on any of these dates? NO, I don’t. We did however recently (1/18/14) attend a wedding in the Bay area and he brought up the conversation about “us” getting married. I told him that I’ve come to the realization that it will probably never happen for us due to his display of un-comfortableness when someone mentions the word “wedding”. He looked at me with a confused look as if to say to himself “did she really just tell me that she’s given up on marriage?” Then he looked into my eyes and said “Tiffany, why would you think we would never get married? I know this is something extremely important to you and I know it would make you so happy, I want you to be happy.” I just cried. So, without further ado here’s what I’m hoping for (Image #1 fingers crossed), I sent this picture to him 3 yrs ago). The only problem is that my fingers are really tiny(3.25), I know he was looking at something like this (Image #2)

Honestly, I’ll be happy with anything (even a twist tie) lol πŸ™‚ I love him and just want to be his Mrs…… πŸ™‚ Good luck to all the ladies that have been waiting, fingers crossed this is OUR YEAR! πŸ™‚

Post # 115
2452 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@MaidMarian:  Yeah I will be moving to him (but not in with him!) because I have sort of a gap year and he’ll be set up where his PhD takes him. We both hope he stays at his home program because h loves it there. Yup, he makes robots. It’s pretty cool. I think it’s actually amazing how he engineers everything and then makes everything himself. I guess it’s analogous to me working in a biology lab and running my experiments, but what my Boyfriend or Best Friend does is more creative so I end up thinking it’s cooler. πŸ˜‰

Yeah I really need career advice on networking into things because research jobs are hard to find, especially with how much funding our government has cut. Then again, since this is somewhat a temporary job I’m probably going to be looking at whatever I can get. Especially since more than one person I’ve talked to say that the funding is so bad they need some help with rent and stuff (BF lives in a big city, things are expensive). And that the secretaries get paid more than the research assistants, which is ridiculous but whatever. Not gonna complain because I’ll be happy to find anything!

OMG you have rabbits! I love rabbits! That’s so amazing that you got two cute little pets and are having fun taking care of them so well! πŸ˜‰ Btw, how is the rabbit caretaking? I wanted to adopt a pair but my mom made me concerned about their smell! And then my boyfriend told me they bite! Are yours litter box trained? And do they bite? Do they like getting picked up? Since it’s a pair do you feel like they’re happier?

I hope that the results (exam? job interview?) come and are the best news they can be so that you can move toward engagement! That’d be so exciting! Also, living near relatives is always a plus, except when they come over all the time and drive you crazy, but even then you love them (my current situation lol). If you moved would you be looking for more opportunities or specifically to be closer to family or just a change of scenery?

Hahaha, thanks I never realized I was perceived so positively! I’ve had such a long day (this semster at school is looking to be crazy) and I’m so happy just reading that someone thinks I’m positive. πŸ™‚  Honestly, I have my bad days too, but then I usually call one of my friends up and have a long phone chat. I guess I’m different than many Bees because I do my venting not on Weddingbee. For now. Hopefully it stays that way. Well, with the way this semester is looking I won’t have time to do anything other than study and sleep (and job search since I’m making that a priority too), which might be a good thing!

Post # 116
2452 posts
Buzzing bee

View original reply
@FutureMrsSomeone:  That’s awesome! I hope you get your summer proposal! πŸ™‚

View original reply
@Misstiff:  I’m happy you talked to your SO and that he was so positive about your future engagement. That warms my heart (and I’m so cold I have a space heater on!). I hope you get your dream ring too (if he seems so receptive to engagement stuff, maybe you could mention it in one of your conversations but not put pressure on him, you know?), but at the end of the day if you get the man…well that’s all that matters!

Post # 117
1459 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2017 - Bristol zoo

View original reply
@MissMarple:  lol so you guys basically study the same thing but you’re in the natural spectrum XD I used to really enjoy biology but I was just so terrible at it ^^; sounds like it’s going well at least! πŸ˜€

Good luck finding something though πŸ™ it really sounds like a tough situation, I have a friend who’d like to be a psychology researcher thingy and she’s really struggling. Hopefully you get lucky though and get something quickly, I hope you’re able to find somewhere nice and affordable to live as well, I’m living in BF’s family home atm in London so I know how pricey big cities are πŸ™ would there be the chance of moving in with your SO to save some moolah? Or are you sticking to some principles of not moving in until engagement/marriage?

Ahh rabbits are awesome! πŸ˜€ I do love my flopsies very much πŸ™‚ I’d show them off but I’m on my phone lol. It is kind of hard because they’re a bit like naughty toddlers atm XD we’ve done pretty well at bunny-proofing the room I think but they still find tiny corners to get stuck in ^^; they don’t really smell at least πŸ™‚ the hay smells but it’s nice and rather grassy, they’re super clean animals and can be distressed by bad smells themselves (though my floor is covered in bits of straw/hay lol). And they don’t bite, they nip occasionally but that is a sign of affection for them and they don’t realise it’ll hurt us because we have no fur XD they are kind of litter box trained – they will only go in their hutch but not exactly in the litter tray we put in there XD so we’re working on that (the dominant one will also sometimes try to pee on our bed as a territorial thing so we’re working on that as well…). They don’t really like being picked up because they’re prey, but we have gotten them to tolerate it πŸ™‚ they prefer climbing on us when we lie on the floor πŸ˜€ and yeah, much happier together! Rabbits should never be kept alone really. If you have other questions or want to consider rabbits again I’d be happy to share what I know! They are lovely pets, but surprisingly hard work! XD

We’re waiting on exam results that will mark Boyfriend or Best Friend becoming a part-qualified accountant πŸ™‚ which in turn means he can star looking at jobs. I’m hoping he doesn’t wait until getting the job necessarily to think about proposing though ^^;

We’ll be moving into a rental property that my parents own, next to my dad’s parents lol, so I guess it’s more just a convenient opportunity for us more than anything else πŸ™‚ feels like cheating a bit lol but I’m terribly excited about it πŸ˜€

I’m glad everything seems to be going well for you! And I definitely admire your Internet persona! I remember when you first started posting, I thought you had some really good things to say πŸ˜€

WB is definitely my place to be a moody bastard XD I’m way more perky I’ll than 90% of my posts would suggest lol. 

Post # 120
502 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

View original reply
@prettyinpink11:  Awww you’re so sweet. SO and I have been long distance for almost as long as we’ve known each other, so I suppose we’re used to it? Doesn’t make it easy by any means, but we know we’re going to cherish all the time we get together when he finally gets out of academy and I can afford to move. He really is the strongest, sweetest guy that I know. I could not deal with the military-like environment of the police academy and all the training! But then I think about how he’s going to look even sexier when he’s gone through all the training and is totally ripped, and suddenly the wait doesn’t seem all that bad πŸ˜‰

Post # 121
1019 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
@prettyinpink11:  I’m 19, and DBF is 18. Since we’re that young, I could honestly see us getting engaged soonish, or I could see us waiting, too. πŸ™‚

The topic ‘Waiting bees! 2014 could be our year! How are you feeling? Any progress?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors