Post # 1
So I was feeling kinda down and got some really good advice from my fellow bees. LittleMissBrassBand mentioned that she would think of exciting things she could look forward to that would help pass the time. That made me think about creating a list of all the things I’d like to do while waiting on Mr. Wonderful to make things official. Any ideas? Here are a few I thought of….
1. Make a really delicious, fancy, meal, think Julie and Julia. 🙂
2. Plan a fun girls night out with my friends.
3. Spend an entire day at a spa.
4. Buy a sexy pair of heels.
5. Watch every Audrey Hepburn movie ever made. (I love her.)
6. Learn to do something crafty, like sew or knit.
What’s on your list? 🙂
Post # 3
Nice list! I think this is a great idea. It’s good to do things that will make you feel happy, and if it can take your mind off the waiting, so much the better!
1. Learn to use my new camera – I got a DSLR for Hanukkah (my first!) and I am looking forward to learning how to use it.
2. Crafting! – I love this in the first place, but now especially. I got a sewing machine last year that I have been gradually learning to use, I recently taught myself some basic emboidery stitches, and am having a great time with it!
3. Since FH and I are in a LDR right now, I like to indulge in watching my favorite sappy chick flicks as often as I want to. Next on my list is 13 Going On 30. 🙂
Post # 4
Yay! Great list! What kind of DSLR do you have? I have a Nikon D90 and I absolutely love it! http://www.kenrockwell.com has some great tutorials. I’m also a big chick flick fan! They don’t make realllly good ones anymore. What are some of your favs?
Post # 6
- Wedding: March 2011 - The Providence Biltmore
GOOOOO SHOPPING! Do it while you still have the extra money. :0)
Post # 7
@maggie rose: What do you want to get your Masters in? I like the volunteering idea. Very nice. 🙂
MsZebra: That won’t be a problem. I should be in shoppaholics anonymous…I can’t resist something cute. 🙂
Post # 8
@mszebra:Definitely agree with that one! LoL. I love shopping. :o)
-Lose weight… already started. Down 4 pounds so far! :o)
-Volunteer as a legal advocate for Partnership Against Domestic Violence.. started last week
-Become more organized (I’m a mess.. LoL)
-Learn how to cook more healthy meals
-Stop biting nails… annoying habit, LoL.
Post # 9
This is a great idea! Some of the things I’ve been wanting to do are: learn to play the guitar, finsh my 1/2 completed quilt, lose weight, and I’d like to teach my dog how to track. I’m pretty bad about starting craft projects and not finishing, so I have a bunch of things I’d like to finish. lol
Post # 10
-Get in optimal shape!!
-Train for another half marathon
-Take complete care of myself, everything from nails, to eye brows, to facials, on a total REGULAR basis. No letting myself go!
-Sing more. I’ve been singing for my whole life, but recently, have been toooo busy to really enjoy it.
-Relish in alone time. I live alone now..and sometimes, YES, I do love it…but I am still not used to not having anyone around but my dog and often I feel lonely. I want to get past that.
-Better manage my money and SAVE!
-Stop thinking about wedding stuff. haha.
Post # 11
1. Find a color and paint the master closet. (My SO is going to put up a custom closet) This gives my clothes an orgasm just thinking about their new home. 🙂 He doesn’t care long as he can hang them up. Men. *eye roll*
2. Work more with my handy-dandy labeler and organize the garage
3. Get in one good mother daughter cruise…if we can trick my mom onto a ship.
4. Find and plant some flowers in the spring and have a backyard full of butterflies
Post # 12
@jesleigh: OMG – I got a Nikon D90! 🙂 I’m glad to hear you like it – I’ve heard great things. I’m totally bookmarking those tutorials! As far as chick flicks, here’s a short list: Love Actually, 50 First Dates, Wedding Singer, Circle of Friends, Never Been Kissed. Can you tell I like Drew Barrymore? Apparently she is in most of my favorites! Actually, I just saw Going the Distance, and let me say, being in a LDR right now, I totally loved it!
Post # 13
@MsFoxxy:Becoming more organized is on my list, too. Maybe we can borrow MsMamaBear’s labeler? haha
@mrs ranunculus: How funny! It really is a great camera. I had a Nikon D40 before I got the 90, and I love them both. I do photography on the side and love it. I’m not sure I’d ever want to go pro, but it is a fun hobby!
Post # 14
1. actually relax after having graduated with no real obligations
2. take some cooking classes for fun
3. establish a regular workout habit
4. do some volunteer work
5. Take a trip with my best girlfriends (we are planning a cross country roadtrip this summer).
6. Really invest some time and money into making our home look nice.
That’s all I can think of at the moment, but my mind is always coming up with things I want to do.
Post # 15
OOH! Good idea! Here are mine:
-start up my business (I already have some things started, but I need to really get some stuff done!)
-pamper myself one day (Spa, mani/pedi, etc)
-Major girls’ night out
-Clean my car, inside and out (might have to wait until winter is over…)
-Go to HP Land in Universal!!!
Post # 16
OOh, I’ll play!
– get back to my strict workout routine. I’ve been lazing around for weeks now, and I have the 15 lbs. on my butt to show for it. (I have the worst metabolism…)
– start painting my apt. back to white. We’re moving in together as soon as we find a house. So, in the meantime, I’d like to get my place in move-out-able shape.
– Upgrade! I’ve been in a slow process of updating things in my life that are no longer working – everything from replacing my yoga mat to shopping for a new car to finding a better groomer for my sweet little pup. It’s been really liberating – for example, I kept a pair of running shoes that I hated – and hurt my feet when I ran – simply because they were expensive, and I felt guilty about it. Sigh…
There are more, but I won’t bore you with them all! It’s almost time to make my New Year’s List. I can’t believe 2010 is almost over!!