(Closed) Waiting Bees: How are you feeling as we approach the end of engagement season?

posted 8 years ago in Waiting
  • poll: How do you feel as we approach the end of engagement season?
    excited/hopeful! : (14 votes)
    18 %
    bummed/depressed : (6 votes)
    8 %
    PISSED OFF >:( : (3 votes)
    4 %
    hopeless : (6 votes)
    8 %
    completely at ease : (28 votes)
    35 %
    anxious : (9 votes)
    11 %
    don't care : (12 votes)
    15 %
    other : (2 votes)
    3 %
  • Post # 62
    173 posts
    Blushing bee

Anyway… to answer the question…

I’m expecting it by the end of March so I’m doing ok for now.  We had a few rough weeks here and there, but he is really distracted at the moment while I have too much free time on my hands to over-think it.

Post # 63
    10 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: November 2014

[content moderated for trolling]

Post # 66
    564 posts
    Busy bee

@daffodil89:  at this point….it’s yet another season with no ring….for the 4th year now so don’t care, lol. if he ask, lets do it, if not, well them the brakes lol

Post # 67
    173 posts
    Blushing bee

@LovelyLondonLillies8:  This is what I think about you.

You come onto waiting boards to make fun of women who are in long term relationships and not yet engaged because… why?  Is there nothing better to do with your time? Are you picked on at work and need someone to pick on on the internet? Is that how you get your jollies off?  Instead of focusing on all of the great and wonderful things that are going on in your life, you come onto the internet to taunt people who are in, what you have deemed, a worse position than you.  I come on here to discuss what is on my mind and talk to others going through the same thing.  I also come on here to celebrate the wonderful things going on in their lives.  You, however, come on here to try to make other people miserable.

Do you see the difference? Do you see that YOU are a miserable person?  Not because anything negative is going on in your life, but because you go out of your way to find people who are going through something they find unpleasant and then YOU try to upset them even more.  I’m not the one who is pathetic.  You need to take a long, hard look on the mirror and realize what you are doing with your free time.

You need to realize that we all see what type of person you are.  An online bully? How original and refreshing.  Everyone can brave behind a keyboard on an anonymous board on the internet.  So, no, I am not the one who is pathetic.

You don’t know much about my relationship.  Yes, it is taking my partner a longer time to propose than I am happy with, I will not deny that, but that doesn’t mean he doesn’t want to marry me.  He brought up marriage first, he picked a wedding date, but he hasn’t had time to plan the proposal.  He is a very romantic person and isn’t going to ask me in my flat after a trip to the loo.  I promise you that.

I have had two other men ask me to marry them and I declined and ended those relationships.  If I wanted to get married as fast as possible it would have already happened.  If I wanted to marry a wealthy man, it would have already happened.  I only ever wanted to marry this ONE man, so while waiting isn’t ideal, I know he does want to marry me, and I will not settle for anyone else.

The topic ‘Waiting Bees: How are you feeling as we approach the end of engagement season?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors