- 6 years ago
Okay, I admit… I have gone WAYYYYY over the top with my pre-engagement wedding planning. But, in my defence, I have been unemployed for the last 2 months and since I don’t have any children to look after, or basically anything else to occupy my time (I live in the middle of the desert in a country town) – here’s what I’ve done:
1) Picked Wedding Venue and emailed them about cost
2) Picked a caterer and emailed them as well
2) Chosen wedding scheme and colours
3) (tentatively) picked a wedding dress
4) Used purpletrail.com to make our engagement party invites, save-the-dates, rehearsal dinner invites, wedding invites, wedding programme, table numbers, escort cards, bathroom signs etc
5) Made a wedding website, complete with ‘our story’, venue info, directions, wedding party info, fun wedding facts, pictures, and accomodation options
6) Created our guest list
7) Used weddingwire.com to make an online seating chart and added all the people on my guest list
8) Made (and edited – so there are no awkward silences) an iTunes playlist… seperate ones for before the ceremony, the ceremony, recessional, pre-reception, reception… I even got bored today and made a girly playlist for ‘getting ready’ on the day of the wedding.
9) Last week I started doing some diy wedding decor stuff (making gold swizzle sticks with gold love-hearts on top)
OBVIOUSLY I haven’t put any payments down or anything like that – it’s mostly to keep me amused and busy while I’m waiting and looking for work. The thing is, I’m starting to run out of things to do! (things that don’t cost money anyway) Any suggestions? Or do I need a new hobby? Haha!
Ps. My boyfriend thinks it’s great! He said we’re going to have the easiest-breeziest engagement ever! haha!