Post # 1
The season of waiting is really hard so it’s good to distract yourself with challenges and activities. What do you hope to have accomplished by the time Your SO puts the ring on your finger?
1) I’ll have bought a new ( used) car… mine is on its last legs.
2) about 30 more books read.
3) 2 blood donations
4) many races and 2 halfs preferably.
5) more baking and testing recipes.
6) putting more money in my account to save towards a house.
Post # 2
Great post Becks90!
I hope to save more money that I can put towards the wedding/paying down debt.
Survive midterms and the busy season at work.
Lose 10 pounds.
I’m really hoping he proposes in April, but I will also likely finish my Spartan Super and Tough Mudder in May before getting engaged.
What I definitely hope I dont’ finish before I get engaged is my Masters degree. I will graduate in May 2018 and I da*m well better be engaged by then lol.
Post # 3
I’d like to lose 20lbs but I’m hoping it comes sooner than that so I’m going to just say 10lbs before he actually pops the question.
I’d also like to find a new job which hasn’t been easy so far.
Post # 4
becks90 : Great post!
– I would like to get back into hitting the gym as I have slacked recently
– Saved some money
– SO moves in properly in a couple of weeks so I would like my house to feel like our home
– Taken a break away with each other, even if it is one night and fairly local.
Post # 5
#1 Saved some more money
#2 Had my car overhauled and serviced (dependent on #1)
#3 Finished the jacket I’m making
#4 Planned us a holiday for the summer.
Although to be honest, I’m also hoping I won’t have time to do these because I’m hoping he proposes in March. Probably won’t be until April at least now though.
Post # 6
1) I want to have reached my goal weight
2) Put more cash in my emergency fund
Post # 7
- Wedding: September 2015 - Hotel Ballroom
I’m married now, but this WAS my bucket list when I was waiting:
-Take a trip without him (done…a few small trips actually)
-Pay off my student debt (did not complete in time, but is done now)
-Become a successful writer (I did have some MINOR success in the gaming journalism world for a while…but I don’t consider myself a ‘successful journalist’)
-Get my Yoga Instructor license (did not complete, still haven’t completed, likely wont ever)
Post # 8
LOVE this post!
But there’s not much that I’m dying to get done before he proposes — would be happy if he did it today!
I did want to lose weight and get in better shape so I didn’t have to worry about that as much for the wedding once we are engaged — but I already lost what I wanted to so will have to come up with a new goal! Nothing like an impending engagement/wedding to motivate a girl huh.
– Visit my best girlfriends who are spread out geographically
– Get better at doing my nails! (Other superficial things: grow out my hair and improve the split end situation, keep using retin-a to a point where I can tolerate it better to improve the texture of my skin and prevent breakouts, get my teeth whitened…)
– Finish my last couple tattoo laser removal sessions for a lower back impulse tattoo from my teenage years
– In the next four months I’ll finish graduate school, travel to Europe, and move to a different city
– Make new girlfriends in that different city
– Love the idea of trying new recipes and baking
– Generally just really excited for spring and summer!
Post # 9
@becks90, this is a great thread! Thanks for starting it
Boyfriend or Best Friend and I have only been together a little while (6 months) so I’m not in the “waiting” stage (we have talked about ‘minimum’ expectations and are on the same page). So I will answer more generally as to what I hope I do before I get engaged/married:
– Finish my master’s degree
– Hopefully get at least one paper published in a journal, though this is less likely
– Get a full-time job and get settled in it
– Maybe buy a house, depending on my work situation
– And just for the fun of it – finish my novel.
Post # 10
Good post ! My grandmother sadly passed away recently and I have been unwell, and although SO and I have spoken of when we want to start trying for a baby we haven’t exactly narrowed down engagement timeline.
I’m content with how things are but ideally a proposal by the end of the year would be perfection !
My bucket list:
– Lose stubborn fat
– Yoga classes regularly
– Read nightly
– Lush baths once a week (products from lush)
– Add to savings more regularly
– Back into writing
– Facials to rid acne scars
Basically a little more focus on myself, and health and relaxation, the start of the year has been a little rough, so I feel I need to take some time for myself and get back to some good healthy habits, plus having your own life and interest aside from your man is so much better and more attractive to them – which is a bonus! That’s why I love bucket list type threads when we focus on ourself and take away from anxiously waiting around so to speak.
Post # 11
I really like this idea, I’ve been thinking of writing a bucket list lately! The things I’d like to do before I get engaged are:
1. Buy a new car (mine was written off, so just looking for one in budget)
2. Lose 45kg+ (I am undergoing gastric bypass surgery towards the end of the year due to my high weight and medical issues, so it isn’t unattainable even though it sounds like a large amount!)
3. Go on a holiday to a place we’ve never been before
4. Bake him his favourite pie (banoffee – I keep forgetting to make it!)
5. Go to Gold Class cinemas again
6. Move in together
7. Adopt an animal from the shelter