Post # 1
Hey Bee’s, some of you may remeber me from a few weeks ago when I posted about my unfortunate news that I had a CP and was told I would miscarry soon, turns out soon is not “any day now” like I was told…
Over the past 2 weeks I was able to put myself in a mentally and emotionally healthy place about everything and just was ready to move on, I was holding onto their words that the miscarriage would happen very soon and we could continue on with our lives. However, I have yet to miscarry and my hcg levels arent making sense. So far I have been told they were as follows and in order: 12, 18, 12, 16, and today I was told they were at 35 (I know they are incredibly low and I am not holding out any shred of hope of viability). I am frustrated beyond belief right now because I should be going down, not up! My doctor actually called me directly today to tell me to take one more draw and if it is increasing he will finally do an ultrasound, something he has refused to do everytime I ask.
So my question for you all is, have any of you had this before? If so I would love to hear how fast you were able to resolve everything. I am just ready to move to the next step as my grieving process is over and this part now needs to also be finished, it is like a nightmare that wont end.
Post # 2
- Wedding: June 2007 - City, State
I am so sorry you are still going through this. What emotional torture you must feel. I hope you get the answers that you desperately need, and closure, soon. <3
Post # 3
I’m so sorry that you’re going through this, bee.
Honestly, though, I would likely seek a second opinion at this point. Not because I think that your experience is reminiscent of a healthy pregnancy, but because the way your numbers are rising and falling (and rising again). That doesn’t scream “normal” to me. I’d be concerned of something else going on (though it probably is just your body doing it’s work), and would insist upon an ultrasound for peace of mind.
Post # 4
mrsnitti17 : sorry you’re going through this but I agree that you need a second opinion and maybe a change of an OBGYN before you get pregnant next. I feel since you’ve been dealing with this for two weeks now and have had multiple blood draws a sonogram should have been performed a long time ago to rule out something like an ectopic or molar pregnancy.
My concern is that your numbers aren’t steadily declining but that they’re all over the place. Maybe your uterus has retained a part of the embryo tissue which is causing these hcg fluctuations and you need a d&c in order to move forward. Good luck!
Post # 5
Yes. This happened to me. I had a string of chemical pregnancies, some went on longer than others. At one point I knew I was pregnant and then fairly shortly I knew that the pregnancy had failed. I knew it had failed because I get very severe symptoms when I’m pregnant–hyperemesis gravidarum. (My docs said I was the worst case they’d ever treated, so that bad…) When my symptoms dropped off I knew the pregnancy had failed and just waited to bleed it out and move on. But the bleeding didn’t show up. I waited and waited. I didn’t bother going to the doctor because I didn’t think it was necessary. It wasn’t my first rodeo, you know? But eventually I began to feel feverish and nauseous. The fever concerned me the most as I was getting chills one night I told my husband I thought I was getting infected. So I called my doctor and went in. The first thing they did was a straight forward urine pregnancy test. It was positive. They said I was still pregnant and was wrong about having miscarried. I insisted I was right. My doc did an ultrasound to see what was up. I got very lucky. The ultrasound was clear and my doc was very good at reading it. I was indeed pregnant–but not with the original pregnancy. My doc asked for dates of my last period and counted how long had passed. She agreed. The original pregnancy had failed but I had conceived again without ever bleeding out the lining and what have you. I was only five weeks pregnant, which usually cannot be seen on an ultrasound. I carried that baby to term and delivered his gestational sac and placenta, but retained an extra empty gestational sac and placenta that the docs had to pull out a week after my son was born and by that time I was badly infected. It worked out ok, but that was proof that another pregancy had been there and for some reason the placenta still grew? The doctors were surprised by it all. The moral of the story is, take it one day at a time. You might be pregnant again. Whatever you do, don’t take misoprostol to hurry along the misscarriage since there might be a viable pregnancy in there and it might be too early to see it on an ultrasound. Be patient, even though, believe me–I know. It’s really hard to be patient. In fact, when the original pregnancy failed, before I knew I was pregnant again, I was ready to give up entirely trying for another baby because I couldn’t take anymore of the constant misscarrying. I had this dream that very day that someone came to me and laid a baby beside me in a blue onesie and said it was for me. I woke up angry knowing I was misscarrying. It turned out I was starting new pregnancy too. Crazy, crazy times!
Post # 6
Not exactly the same, but in my pregnancy the baby died around 7 weeks and I didn’t actually miscarry it until 13.5. I had no idea it could take so long. Hugs.
Post # 7
- Wedding: October 2020 - Las Vegas, NV
As per your first post I miscarried on Christmas Day and I did not stop bleeding until March 7th. My advice is just to request a D & C to get it over and done with I know it sounds rough but it’s a lot harder having a constant reminder for almost 3 months every time you pull down your pants. I know exactly how you feel!
Post # 8
Oh, you poor darling. I have not been through what you are experiencing right now, but, I just wanted to reach out and let you know that I am really sorry. I can only imagine how rough this must be emotionally and physically.
Please take good care of yourself, Bee.
Post # 9
mrsnitti17 : The fact that the hcg levels are going up and down concerns me. I think your doctor may not be doing an ultrasound right now because the hcg usually needs to be closer to the thousands before anything is even visible on an ultrasound.
That being said, I would ask your doctor about the possibility of an ectopic. Hcg levels rising and dropping could be a sign that it might be ectopic. I don’t want to scare you, but it’s better to be safe than sorry and see what your doctor thinks about that possibility. It’s better to catch it early!
So sorry you’re going through this ♥
Post # 10
Hi Bees, thanks for your well wishes. For those asking, I was planning on getting a second opinion on Friday but my doctor (who is an RE not an OBGYN) convinced me to wait until Wensday to do one more blood draw and then he said he would send me for an ultrasound if I havent miscarried by then so I am waiting a few more days.
Before this happened I had asked for something to help move everything along and the clinic told me they wouldnt because my HCG was too low (same reason for no ultrasound), that I should wait for things to happen naturally. However, my RE suggested that if my numbers keep rising then it could be left over tissue or ectopic in which case we will look at next steps. So basically, I am to just keep waiting for nature to take its course… which is very hard to do!
Post # 11
mrsnitti17 : Sending love and hugs your way. My miscarriage was one of the hardest things I’ve had to go through, and I can’t imagine how much more trying it is to have to sit and wait for it to inevitably happen. I hope everything resolves itself soon, but if not, please do seek a second opinion.
Post # 12
mrsnitti17 : WTF? Why are they having you do ANOTHER blood draw? That is ridiculous. I’d be furious and would be finding another doctor. If it is ectopic or your body is not ridding yourself of the tissue it can become toxic to you and your fertility. That is unacceptable.
Post # 13
MargaritaVille : I am trying very hard to stay calm but it is very frustating. He has until Wednesday to order the ultrasound or I am going elsewhere because I feel like my concerns are not being taken seriously. I kept getting told its not too serious as the HCG is still low.
Post # 14
mrsnitti17 : honestly, I wouldnt be giving any more chances. You have been strung along far too long at this point and need the ultrasound done. No more blood draws period. Go see an OBGYN
Post # 15
- Wedding: September 2017 - California
So sorry you are going through this. That sounds really awful. I hope you get solid answers on what is going on on Wednesday. I am also waiting to miscarry (I am around 10-11 weeks since LMP but the baby last measured 6 weeks around a week and a half ago with a really weak HB) so I can relate a bit thought your situation sounds much more confusing and frustrating. I really hope you get coherent answers soon!