Post # 1
I would really like to reserve the plane tickets now for the honeymoon, but my Fiance wants us to wait until a couple months before we would leave. I really dont like this idea. One the planes will get filled and we wont be able to pick the seats we want and doesnt the tickets go higher as you get closer to the date??
But my Fiance thinks that the plane tickets will go lower. What do you bees think?? Reserve now or wait? Risk maybe not getting the seats we want?
Post # 4
I think it partly depends on where you’re going but I would book now. I know tickets have gone up for our same time (I was curious too) since we booked ousr a few months ago.
Post # 5
Reserve now. Some booking companies will refund you the differnece if prices go down.
Post # 6
Prices are cheapest at two times:
– months ahead of time- they always have a few seats at an inexpensive price so they can advertise “from $298 return” for example
-at the last minute to sell unsold seats.
Purchasing a couple of months ahead of your travel date likely will mean you pay the highest prices, not the lowest.
Most companies will honor a price drop- not necessarily with a refund, but likely with a credit for future travel.
Post # 7
I will be going from Milwaukee,WI to Orlando,FL.
@Roe: ANd we will be booking directly with the airline, so no middleman.
Post # 8
@julies1949: Thanks, thats what I thought. But wasn’t sure.
Post # 9
I probably wouldn’t wait any longer than 3 months out from your honeymoon date. We’re getting our flights next month probably, but they’re to Italy & international flights are a little different sometimes. I doubt our flights are going to drop any. Flights to FL could very well drop, but waiting is a big risk to take.
Post # 10
@MsFoxxy: The risk is what I dont want to deal with. It could go up or down, but we will be screwed if it goes up.
Thanks for the advice. I will talk to my Fiance and tell him what the hive said about it. 🙂
Post # 11
Gas prices are expected to go up again in May, so tickets will most likely go up if you wait until after then.
Post # 12
I booked our flights about 8 months before, and I just checked now, and there are a lot less choices for flights/times than when I booked, and flights are slightly more expensive too. So I think pushing it is a risk, you will def have less choices and may have a hard time getting seats together on the flights.