(Closed) Waiting to TTC – Part VII

posted 8 years ago in TTC
Post # 182
637 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

@emsy3110:  Hmm, sounds like some things are improving and some are not. I know it’s superficial, but yay for no acne! I’m thinking of dropping the BC in February instead of March after hearing of the side effects and time to get back to ‘normal’.

Post # 183
Hostess
6422 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2012

@emsy3110:  I think your first part about weight was meant for

View original reply
@SadieBee: . I do chart and I LOVE it. Seriously, LOVE it. I’m obsessed with finding out all of the things going on inside my body. πŸ™‚ I’ve learned why my face breaks out at certain times, when I can expect mood swings and AF, what all the cervical fluid means throughout the month and when we are ready to TTC, I know when my fertile times are. My cycles were all over the place so to have some knowledge was fantastic. It makes me feel like an educated adult and I no longer have to embarassingly google things.  πŸ™‚  I cannot say enough about charting. I use a BBT thermometer and fertilityfriend.com and it’s easy as pie.  πŸ™‚

Edited to add: A bloating trick for me is moving around, doing some squats and drinking ginger ale. I know you can’t drink it all the time, but it’s helped me considerably. I bloat a lot from IBS. Also a yoga instructor once advised me to stretch my gut. Your reach for the sky as hard as you possibly can while standing. I balance myself, belly against a wall and just reach for the ceiling. Stretching your innards is important as stretching your legs, or so she said. Sometimes a good stretch helps!

Post # 184
1646 posts
Bumble bee

@FreckledFox:  Thanks for all the bloating tips! And yes, sorry the first part part was not meant for @SadieBee: . This is what happens when you write on the Bee while trying to work at the same time haha!

I actually created an account on fertilityfriend.com but I didn’t understand it too well and started getting overwhlemed with all the information. I’ll probably take some time to learn how to chart eventually.

View original reply
@The_Future_KB:   That’s exactly why I went off BC now, I want to give my body time to get back to its normal self πŸ™‚

Post # 185
Hostess
6422 posts
Bee Keeper

@emsy3110:  There is a TON of information out there, it’s kinda overwhelming for sure, but you really don’t need to know ALL of it. πŸ™‚  Whenever you start back up, let me know and I can help guide you to the land of happy non-steessful charting.  πŸ™‚  Also the ‘Charters of the Hive’ threads are super duper helpful to anyone interested in charting!

Post # 186
1646 posts
Bumble bee

@FreckledFox:  I will definitely let you know. Thanks!

Post # 187
137 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: January 2017

Hi Bees

Wow..I feel like the old lady on the board.

When will you TTC?:  April 2014

What are you doing to get ready to TTC?: working out, I want to lose what I intend to gain in babyweight before we start (20lbs), saving money for daycare.

Do you chart? Link to the chart:  no charting yet. I don’t want to put the pressure on myself until I have to.

All time favourite movie?: Anything cheesy and romantic ( The Notebook, The Vow)

Post # 188
237 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Oh.My.God. I just finished talking with my DH over Skype and we had a huge discussion on TTC. We started talking about babies and he admitted that he was scared. I said that it scared me too but everyone is scared at first you know. So, we continued and he said, why can’t we just accidentally get pregnant?? I said, because there’s no way I’ll get pregnant with my IUD. I would have to take it out and we would just have to wait and see. He said well how about we do that? 

My jaw dropped. I asked when he thought he might want me to make an appointment. He’s like, well I don’t know. There doesn’t seem that much point in waiting. But he’s like I wanted to be at home with you when we decided this. 

So, he’s supposed to be coming home from Asia on Saturday. I told him we’ll both think about it to make sure that this is what we really want. If it is, I might be taking out my IUD in December and we’ll start trying as soon as the doctor says we can!!!!!!

I can’t believe it!!!! EEEEEEEEEKKKKK!!!!!!!! 

Post # 190
Hostess
6422 posts
Bee Keeper

Cross posted on the Charters thread:

I very randomly asked DH straight out, “when can we make babies?” He laughed and said, “umm soon-ish?”. I asked when soonish was and I got an eye roll. I’ll take soonish over “I don’t know” any day. Soonish usually means like a couple months. πŸ™‚

Post # 191
1477 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@Emma20130601:  Whoa!!! That’s huge news!!

View original reply
@FreckledFox:  Hahaha – it’s comforting to know that there are so many bees that have such similar DH’s as me… πŸ™‚  

Post # 192
2734 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

@FreckledFox:  OMG, my best friend has heard rants about this – I hate when men say “soon” because it can mean so many things!  It’s definitely better than “I don’t know” though πŸ™‚  Yay for progress! (haha, I may still be bitter that back in the day he said “soon” about getting engaged – I thought that meant a month or two, in reality it meant six months)

Post # 193
2734 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

@Emma20130601:  That’s fantastic!  Congrats!  So exciting to think it could be happening so soon πŸ™‚

Post # 194
Hostess
6422 posts
Bee Keeper

@SadieBee:  Haha my DH pulled the same thing with me! I demanded to know and he told me “within the next year” and it happened 6 months later. He knows I cling to words. Pathetic, I know. Grasping at straws now!

View original reply
@E_Lynne615:  Sometimes my DH is so different from other guys  and then sometimes he’s just like the rest. πŸ˜‰

Post # 195
1299 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2013

@emsy3110:  Oh wow, the bloating sounds so uncomfortable!  FX that it goes away soon…. thanks for sharing how it’s going.

View original reply
@BrideofGroomzilla:  welcome!  You’re not an old lady.  Wink

View original reply
@Emma20130601:  soooo exciting!!

View original reply
@FreckledFox:  Hey, that sounds like it could be coming up…. soonish!

Post # 196
46 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: November 2013

Men!! Sometimes they are so unclear and it’s hard to figure out what’s going on in their heads. Last cycle my Fiance *pretty much* said he’d be good to go NTNP around the wedding and after. Then he jumped back to within 6 months/a year probably. So who knows anymore. I know he’s a bit worried, but he’s also been worried before we adopted each of our dogs and that’s turned out great πŸ˜‰ 

The topic ‘Waiting to TTC – Part VII’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors