Post # 32
It’s so wonderful to know that so many take this seriously. It’s a great thing to wait! Being disciplined definitely has its rewards.
My fiance and I are waiting until our wedding night. Also, just yesterday we decided that kissing is impure to us, so we are now just kissing each other on the check when we say goodnight etc. Less than 3 months left! Yay!
Post # 33
We are waiting too. It’s been 3+ years for him and 8, yes, 8 for me. We get married in 17 days!!! I’m so glad that we have waited, not that it has been easy.
Post # 34
I know I’ve chimed in before, but now that I am married – thought I’d just give a little heads up.
As a little background, my husband and I had been intimate, but decided about a year and a half ago that we would wait until marriage. So, in the beginning of our relationship we had a connection on ALL levels. Then, once we decided to wait, we still had a deep emotional connection, but the physicality had vanished. We actually lived together the entire time, so essentially, we were roommates sharing a bed. Sure, there were tempting times, but deep down we both knew that if we were to slip, the guilt would not be worth it to us.
HOWEVER, on our wedding night last Saturday & up until now, it’s been very difficult "getting back into it" if you know what I mean. It’s almost like we have to re-learn the feelings that we had been smothering for quite some time. Obviously it’s going to be a process, but I had just assumed we would be amazing from day one and not look back. Maybe some people are (lucky!!) but I’m having a tough time with it. Anybody that has waited and is now married have these feelings? I love my husband dearly and am very attracted to him, however we lived a certain way for so long that it’s hard for me to simply turn the switch back on..
Post # 35
we’re waiting! I’m so excited for the wedding night, it’s taking over my excitement for the wedding. We talk about it and I just cannot wait to learn everything with only him.
Post # 36
- Wedding: May 2020 - St. Charles Borromeo Church/Jefferson-Orleans North
While we aren’t virgins (and regret that), we decided that we shouldn’t have sex with each other until marriage as well. 🙂 You are totally not alone!
Post # 37
futuregrado: It takes time to gain back that intimacy once you stopped, especially since you were both living with each other and sleeping in the same bed, I think that makes it even harder.
I heard that especially for women, once you have had sex, the less you do have some the less you want some. Try getting away somewhere, do something different you never did, add romance to it.
I’ve only had sex with my husband, but we did it before we got married. I’m glad I did because personally it’s important to me to know that we were a match on that aspect too. The physical connection in a relationship is an important one too.
We were appart several times (long distance) and it was always a bit hard to get back to it, but you have to be patient and trust yourself.
The first time wasn’t all that great, but since then we both learned what we like and there has been steady improvement.
I respect the choice to wait, just don’t expect it to be the most amazing night though, especially if it’s the first time for both of us. It’s something you have to learn, and don’t hesiatate to be honest with one and other and tell him/her what you like.
Post # 38
Waiting and Waiting and Waiting 🙂 🙂 🙂
I’m so proud of all of us!
Post # 39
We’re waiting. Both of us are virgins. Knowing that we will have this special connection between only us, and that won’t be shared with ANYONE else is so exciting! I don’t know how many times I’ve had people laugh in disbelief when I’ve told them we’re both waiting.
Post # 40
I am so glad to see how many people have the ability to wait till marriage. I wish I was able to obstain that long:( Sex is something so magical and there is no better day than your wedding day for your first time.
Post # 41
We’re waiting too…and sometimes it feels like that day will never come! We are SO excited…159 days to go (but who’s counting?!?)!!!
Post # 42
My fiance and I are virgins! We’re 18 and 19, have been together for 5 years and have a year and 3 months to go 🙂
Post # 43
- Wedding: May 2011 - Trinity Lutheran Church & Idlewild Country Club
We’re waiting :-D. and it’ll be the best night of my life.
My Fi isnn’t a virgin though – he had sex with one girl when he was a senior in high school (I konw, young right?). But then we met our first week of college and I told him I was waiting. That was it :).
We’ve now been together for 3.5 years now and are getting married in 2.
Post # 44
My fiance and I are waiting too! It’s been harder since we got engaged since we KNOW we’ll be together forever. But, we both keep reminding ourselves of how exciting and special our first night together will be. We’re both so excited, I know I can hardly wait. 190-something days! Hah.
Post # 45
We are, too. My Fiance isn’t, but I am, and I told him from the get go that I was waiting. Now I get tempted more than he does, but he keeps telling me, "No, I want to see you in your dress first!" 😉
Post # 46
- Wedding: October 2020 - LDS Seattle Temple & Hotel 1000
Both Mr. Avo and I waited until marriage.
Here’s my advice:
1. Talk to your fiance about whether you are going to do it on the first night. I’m serious. Make a pact that you won’t rush it if you aren’t feeling it. I’ll keep what we did to myself, but it was so nice knowing that there wasn’t any pressure to "perform".
2. It gets better. Everyone says that, but it really does.
3. What goes in, must come out. As in, have towels or kleenexes RIGHT THERE to clean things up afterwards.
4. Don’t overdose on the lube. Give your body enough time to warm up and I promise magic can happen.
5. Pee! Pee right afterwards. (usually I pee right before too because I have little bladder control and I’m worried about peeing all over him!) The cranberry juice thing can be wrong if you have a UTI and you drink sweetened cranberry juice. The bacteria in your bladder will just feed off the sugar in the drink and multiply, so stick to unsweetened.
6. If you have a UTI, get thyself to a Dr. straighaway. My relief upon getting the pills was instant, whereas the cranberry juice didn’t do much for me.
7. Don’t spend a lot of money on lingerie. It’s on for like two seconds.
8. You know those things little exercises that people talk about, the Kegel ones? Do them. The strength you will gain makes a big difference for both of you.
9. My gyno told me my hymen was broken, but I still bled. It wasn’t painful, in fact, it took us both awhile to realize it (sorry to the hotel!)
10. Have fun!
And I better stop before my husband finds out how much I have said already!