(Closed) Walk down the aisle song – 1000 years

posted 5 years ago in Music
Post # 2
589 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2014 - Scottish Rite Cathedral (New Castle, PA)

I walked down the aisle to this song as well! I used the instrumental version by Vitamin String Quartet (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk8pgi6gQLg) just because I didn’t want lyrics to any of our prelude/entrance music. My bridesmaids walked to the same song as me, I only had three BMs and I though it would be weird to play a song for so little time before switching, we left a pause after the last bridesmaid so people knew there weren’t more BM’s coming and then as soon as I started walking people stood up and were all standing before I actually reached my aisle (there were doors in the back to walk through and a few feet before the chairs started). 

Post # 3
893 posts
Busy bee

I like A Thousand Years pt. 2 feat. Steve Kazee. I’ve heard it on YouTube and I think it would be SO perfect if you had your bridal party (or just BMs) walk to A Thousand Years and then when it’s your turn, they switch it to the pt. 2. I prefer it without lyrics, just so you don’t have to stop the words at an awkward spot, but the singing is romantic and sweet so it works either way. It’s not too much, if you know what I mean. You could just do instrumental for Bridal Party and lyrics for you, so it’s special, and I love the lyrics in the pt. 2 version.

Post # 4
131 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

We used the instrumental version by The Piano Guys… I love the cello in that version!

Post # 5
7426 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: February 2013

View original reply
BeachBride2015:  we also used The Piano Guy’s instrumental version. So beautiful! 

Post # 6
1083 posts
Bumble bee

View original reply
Candice1990:  Urg. So over done 

Post # 7
893 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
BookTea:  I don’t think OP wanted advice on whether it was overdone or not, just how to do it. Canon in D used to be overdone: now it’s traditional. Don’t be rude, and if you’d like to express disagreement, do so constructively. 

Post # 8
329 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
BookTea:  Whats over done are your rude comments that the OP didn’t ask for. Read the post, original or instrumental. 

Post # 9
2092 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

View original reply
Candice1990:  My FI’s cousin walked down the aisle to the version with lyrics, it’s a perfect song to walk down the aisle to. I personally think it would be lovely with the instrumental version!

Post # 11
1519 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2015

I used the instrumental version by the Piano Guys for the wedding party. 

Post # 12
77 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: Crichton Church, Dumfries, Scotland

Ooh the instrumental would be lovely! I’ve bagpipes so being piped down the aisle to Highland Cathedral – which is ‘so overdone’ here, but I’m actually a highlander and I like it so…don’t really care! X

Post # 13
162 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

That would be a beautiful song to walk to. I do think go with the instrumental. You dont want the lyrics to take focus off you.

Post # 14
332 posts
Helper bee

View original reply
Candice1990:  Ahh! I am doing the instrumental version for walking.. and then the regular version as our first dance song!

Post # 15
613 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2015

I’m using the regular version to walk down the aisle this Saturday! I was originally looking the an instrumental version till Fiance said the lyrics would prob make him cry that sealed the deal for the regular version

The topic ‘Walk down the aisle song – 1000 years’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors