(Closed) Walk down the aisle song – 1000 years

posted 5 years ago in Music
Post # 16
1460 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: August 2015

View original reply
jmbee:  I am walking down to the regular version for the same reason!  Fiance was like that song will definitely get an “emotional response” out of me!  Its a beautiful song and overdone or not I want my day to be special for me 🙂

Post # 17
1110 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2014

We preferred to have an instrumental song, so I walked down the aisle to the Piano Guys’ version.  The first time I heard it, I got emotional within 5 seconds of the song so I knew it was the one.

DH and the rest of the wedding party walked down to an instrumental version of Storybook Love from The Princess Bride.

Post # 18
2968 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2014

We also did the Piano guys version because my my husband’s pastor wanted us to play traditional church music and I am not religious and also did not want anything even remotely resembling a church ceremony. The instrumental/classical version is what I wanted to do all along, but he agreed to compromise especially because it was instrumental and therefore a little more traditional.

Booktea are you ever able to comment without being so nasty and self important ON EVERY SINGLE DAMN POST? For someone that works in the “mental health setting” you sure seem to be needing some help communicating and functioning normally. Maybe you should see if someone at work can help you out with your issues. Rude for real.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by  MissJulianna.
  • This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by  MissJulianna.
Post # 19
1079 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2015

View original reply
Candice1990:  I have been debating for sooo long on this song. 

2 of my Fi’s cousins walked into this song So I was not sure I wanted to use it too. 

I planned on going with piano guys version it is so beautiful!!!

but, I have since changed my mind to have everyone else walk into 1,000 years by piano guys, and my girls and I will walk into “love me like you do” by brooklyn duo. 

Post # 20
1473 posts
Bumble bee

We had musicians play the Piano Guys version of the song when I walked down the aisle, and “Gabriel’s Oboe” for the Groom, BMs/GMs, and Flower Girl.  My DH loved it so much that he will still listen to the songs now and then to remember our wedding 🙂

Post # 21
1727 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2014

That was our recessional song. We used it with the lyrics. 

The topic ‘Walk down the aisle song – 1000 years’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors