(Closed) Want to get Pregnant 2012

posted 7 years ago in Family
Post # 3
3762 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Does she know when her wedding will be in 2012? I wouldn’t change your plans.  As long as her wedding isn’t the same month you would be due, you will be fine. 

My Matron of Honor had her baby in February 2010 and we got married in June 2010.  It worked out perfectly.  She threw us an engagement shower (back in December 2009 before baby) and then she kinda steped out of the planning for a about 2 months post baby.  She still was able to come to my local bachelorette party and the baby came to the wedding.  Her husband was also a groomsman and we just made sure to invite her parents to the wedding so tehy could help with the baby.  Worked out GREAT!

Post # 4
1110 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2009

I would just go with the flow 🙂 & not stress about it too much. Try, see what happens!

Post # 5
1391 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2010

@JenniCobalt: Try and get pregnant. Honestly, just because you are pregnant doesn’t mean it should REALLY affect you being Maid/Matron of Honor. It may limit some dress selections, depending on how fast you get pregnant. The only problem I see is if you are due right around when you are due.

Post # 7
1986 posts
Buzzing bee

To me, family comes first. If you are ready to have a baby, then I say start trying!

Post # 8
6893 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2012

If she’s your best friend, she will just be happy you’re pregnant! If she has an issue with you being pregnant in her wedding, I’d be a little irritated myself and question our friendship honestly. I mean, you can ask her about her feelings, but it really shouldn’t be about “having a pregnant bridesmaid.”

What would I do? I’d start trying whenever you and your Future H want to. It’s your sex life, your babies.

Post # 9
7366 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: October 2010

You should start trying when you want to.  HOPEFULLY, you will get pregnant immediately, but if it takes you a while, you don’t want to have put your plans on hold for a wedding.  She will understand.

Post # 11
6893 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: March 2012

@JenniCobalt: I don’t see how she could take it that way, unless she’s prone to exaggerating? I mean by all means, you can tell her your plans to start TTC so she is aware and let her make that call as far as having you as Maid/Matron of Honor still or having you be a bridesmaid or whatever she sees fit.

Post # 12
85 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: November 2010

I would be upfront with her now about your future plans for TTC.  You don’t want her freaking out six months before the wedding because she found out then that you are pregnant and may not fit into the dress that you ordered.   But, if she knows that it is a possibility then she can be prepared for it. 

Post # 13
150 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

One of my FH best friend got married and his fiance has a girl that was pregnant who was due to be enduced. Shes second from the bride, The Made of honor is preggers too, w twins! They both look great!d

Post # 14
3364 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

I think the best thing you could do is talk to her openly about this! Express your concern of not wanting to purposely “sabotage” her wedding plans, because sometimes it just needs to be said, to be said! Not that your pregnancy would sabotage anything, I am sure she’d be happy for you either way!

The topic ‘Want to get Pregnant 2012’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors