(Closed) Warning: Dishonest seller of used Sottero & Midgley gown SSM5049

posted 7 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
171 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

@Cael:Ive had this happen before but with me being the seller and the buyer saying false accusations about the item and the quality it was recieved in.

First off- if you ever get something on eBay and it’s not as described- just go through paypal/eBay and open a case. It’s easiest to do it that way and best to track it that way. You did NOT have to pay the listing fees. That’s B/S. eBay/Paypal have buyer protection. They will refund your money no matter what. Even if you recieve a dress, wear it, and then a few days later claim it wasn’t in the same condition it was advertised as when you get it. Not saying you should do it- but I fought and fought it and paypal took the buyers side- for a $7 dress! When the dress was sent back to me it had makeup stains on the chest area! I don’t wear makeup on my chest!

I would still open a case against her for the fees she made you pay.

In order to remove the lies of negative feedback- call eBay support and tell them what happened and the proof. They will go into your account and look at your email history etc. They removed negative feedback for me with a different case where it was an immature kid throwing a hissy fit because he won a computer I was selling, decided he couldn’t pay for it, and then left me negative feedback.I was left Hanging for listing fees, etc but finally eBay refunded me, etc, so go for it!

There’s lots of crazies on eBay. I started a blog, but couldn’t keep up with it. Too many crazy stuff going on on there. ALthough, I do continue to use it! eBay is addicting!!!

Goodluck!

ps. I got my wedding dress on eBay NWT from a bridal shop going out of business in Illinois. I’m so proud of it and didn’t have to spend sh*t tons of money! Wahoo!!! It’s gorgeous!!!

Post # 5
1843 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: September 2011

I buy and sell on Ebay A LOT.  You can’t change the feedback that you received from this seller BUT you can leave follow-up comments to her feedback.  Go to the “Feedback forum” and you can access it through there.  That way, if you have someone checking out your feedback, they will see the follow-up that you provided.  Be careful not to accuse the seller or be nasty about it (that makes you look bad) but offer up true facts of what happened. 

So if she wrote, “Terrible buyer, didn’t pay, wouldn’t meet me.”

Reply with, “Dishonest seller. I paid & picked up item and was stained. Given full refund.”

Post # 6
1843 posts
Buzzing bee

FWIW, I also found my gown on Ebay – Maggie Sottero, brand new (tags still attached) for $400.  So there are definitely some good sellers on there.

Post # 7
1843 posts
Buzzing bee

I just went to Ebay’s help section and you actually CAN have the feedback removed by Ebay because the Seller left a “false positive” feedback which is against their rules.  See the link below and “report a violation.”

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/inappropriate-feedback-comments.html

We don’t allow Feedback comments that contain:

• Links or scripts

• References to eBay or PayPal investigations

• Negative statements left for a buyer that conflict with the positive rating

Post # 8
171 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

@Cael: http://myworld.ebay.com/bridalsamples50/ They pretty much have Jasmine designer dresses though…. I even went and tried on dresses at bridal shops afterwards and didn’t find anything worth paying full price for! They don’t list a ton at once- just here and there so you can keep checking in to see if they list any styles you like…

The topic ‘Warning: Dishonest seller of used Sottero & Midgley gown SSM5049’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors