(Closed) Was 2013 all that you hoped it would be?

posted 7 years ago in The Lounge
  • poll: Was 2013 all that you hoped it would be?

It is exactly as I hope it would be!!

It is slightly different from what I expected.

Nothing went the way I wanted it to be.

Neutral.

• Post # 32
    592 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: February 2015

2013 was a pretty good year! My Fiance and I both started with job worries, but we both got great jobs, we went on a vacation together for the first time in 8 years, I got to spend quality time with my mom in the summer, I’ve run 2 half-marathons, and now I’m engaged! Still got December to get through, but overall, I think 2013 went very well for us, and I hope that everyone’s 2014 is healthy and happy! 

Post # 33
    429 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: October 2014

We had a rough start to the year with 5 deaths in my family in a matter of two months.  We had a hard time loosing each family member. Around that time, my horse was lame and the vet has diagnosed him with a chronic condition that is very devistating.  I have had to retire him, last year we were taking it easy jumping 2’6″ fences and this year we did not ride at all.   

Needless to say the beggining of my year was awful and heartbreaking.

BUT, In OCT my SO proposed and became my Fiance, so the end of this year has been really great! 

Post # 34
    3051 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: February 2015

I’m super neutral. It was okay. Some good things happened, some bad things happened. I thought I would have graduated by now but I am closer than I’ve been in the past (I’ve switched majors like 4 times). I’m at a job now where I’m being paid more than I thought I would be while still in school….but I don’t love it. I still haven’t had my depression fixed though so that’s probably why I’m neutral. I’ve battled depression since I was a teen and this year it’s been a little more severe than typical.

Post # 35
    8435 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: April 2013

2013 was good and bad for us.  We got married in April, and our wedding was perfect, so that was good.  However, a couple of days after my wedding my house flooded, so that was bad.  The flood did let us remodel our house though, so I got a new kitchen, entertainment center, dining room set, mini wet bar, etc.; so I guess I would have to say that overall 2013 was pretty good, with a few bad hiccups.

Post # 36
    2036 posts
    Buzzing bee

View original reply
    @joya_aspera:  I know we are not *supposed* to follow astrology, but I loosely follow it too.  So far, the only thing that was correct was that Susan Miller stated I would meet my true love Sept of 2010…and she was right!  But yeah, horoscope support or not, I’m determined to make 2014 a better year!!

View original reply
    @Jacqui90:  AWWWW  Thanks for your concern.  Yes, 2013 just wasn’t the year I’d hoped–but I think a lot of that has to do with expectations and anxiety over the future.  I’ve finally reached my zen about it all and while it would be nice if a ring would come by the new year, it’s just not going to be my focus!!  SO and I have talked about it, we both want to move forward, and now it’s simply out of my control and I just don’t see the point in worrying/stressing over it anymore.  I’m determined to continue do to everything I’VE FINALLY figured out as far as making myself happy, doing things for me! WOOHOO!

I hope everyone else who didn’t have a spectacular 2013 has a wonderful 2014!

Post # 37
    2664 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: September 2015 - Ketchum, ID

2013 was pretty decent for me. We moved into a bigger apartment, I found out I’d be graduating by next year, and best of all, my anxiety has basically gone down to more than half of what it was before. All in all, can’t complain. 

Post # 38
    2023 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

Mostly, We got married! That was the big thing.  I am still on the hunt for a real job, but I was able to get out of retail and work a M-F job so thats a plus!

Post # 39
    722 posts
    Busy bee

I had a pretty good year. Things went as I expected they would.

Post # 40
    5285 posts
    Bee Keeper

2013 has been a great year for me!!! I got married to the man of my dreams in April and we had an at home wedding ceremony AND a wedding in Cuba with 67 or our family and friends..it was a trip of a lifetime!! We also bought a house in July..something I never thought I would have 🙂 Just this past month my husband opened up his own business..he is an auto mechanic and has always dreamed of having his own shop and now he has it!! He is beyond excited and I’m so proud of him. So yes 2013 has been a great year for us…busy but amazing!! I think I will take 2014 to rest lol

Post # 41
    37 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: November 2013

2013 was a crazy very unexpected happy and sad year!! january found out i was pregnant not planned so very shocked but happy we decided we needed a bigger house march we got a house we moved in april lost the baby in april which was the worst part of the year.  july OH decided we should get married in november!! somthing to look forward to, spent from april untill november between sadness and happy mainly sadness my 2 year old went missing he escaped from the house was found walking towards my daughters school tho thankfully! my 2 year old also got tested for autism came back that he does have it but got married and it was amazing now we are full blown into decorating our house before xmas its been one heck of a roller coaster year!

im hoping 2014 will be better.

Post # 42
    1639 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

I never expected it to be this good a year. I got a job with a substantial increase in incomeand benefits. Got engaged and married. I expected none of those!

Post # 43
    1248 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: April 2012 - Chateau Briand

2012 was amazing so this year had a lot to live up to. It wasn’t nearly as eventful (in 2012, we got married, I got two new nephews, DH started a new job he loves and I graduated law school and passed the ny bar exam). That being said, this year I got a new job that I’m pretty happy with overall, DH and I moved into our very own apartment and MOST importantly, we found out we are expecting our first, a baby girl 🙂 so we had a pretty great year afterall! 

Post # 44
    477 posts
    Helper bee

View original reply
    @tiff-tiff-tiff:  Yes!! This year has had some frustrating parts but it was great year and I have a feeling this last month will be great aswell. I started school for fashion design what I always wanted to do and I’m kicking ass with A hoping I can stay focus on my finals next week and finish strong with a 4.0 GPA. I got engaged which honestly I wasn’t sure would happen this year. I’m hopful with this month because me and Fiance would be celebrating 8 years dating on the 19th of this month. We are taking anniversary/engagement pictures then and finally goin to make a decision on the venue. Lots of parties & celebrations for us this month which is why it’s one of our favorite time of year. Work is as it’s always been, but I’m settled in a new area after 3 months of floating around. So even with a few personal set backs it’s not enough to even put a small dent in this year for me. Can’t wait for next year tho 2014 bring it on baby!! Things are looking up and I know it will be stressful next year but I’m expecting a whole lot of positivity to over shadow that. 

Post # 45
    2585 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

It was slightly different than I expected, but mostly good! We paid off all our debt (my car, his studen loan), went on an amazing honeymoon in Europe, he started his new job… all in all it was productive and we crossed off a few things on our bucket list! 🙂 Next year I hope to get a dog.

Post # 46
    1350 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: August 2017

2013 was pretty good, I must say.  I got to do a lot of things I have always wanted to do, including travel abroad.  I spent the year with the most loving and wonderful SO ever.  But there are some things that I hoped would happen that did not.  I hoped that my SO and I would get engaged and we would start planning our wedding.  I hoped I would get a new job.  I’m ready for a new year and the hope that a new year brings.

The topic ‘Was 2013 all that you hoped it would be?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors