(Closed) Was/Is your dress <$500?

posted 8 years ago in Dress
Post # 3
1991 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

My dress isn’t complete yet…..and I just missed the cutoff mark as my dress cost $550. My dress is being custom made through a seamstress that I found online.

Post # 4
5572 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

My dress was $399 at David’s! Yay!!!! It was also on sale so it came out to about $50 less than that even! We were able to get my dress, undergarments (slip and corset bra), a garment bag, my veil AND my cake topper through them for $600.

[attachment=1566806,196076]

Post # 5
1011 posts
Bumble bee

Yes, it was.  In fact, it was $350 and I bought at the Houston Brides Against Breast Cancer sale in 2009.  Alterations (hem, shoulders, sides) set me back $100 at a local tailor.

Post # 6
2871 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

yep, mine was 86 bucks!!! I may still shop around but I couldnt pass it up.  I got it on super mega clearance (sorry for the huge picture)

Post # 7
3521 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

I bought my dress at Younker’s for $170, lol. Two weeks before the wedding…HUZZAH!

On the model, because I haven’t done recaps from the reception day yet and don’t want to spoil it. πŸ˜‰

Post # 8
2103 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: February 2013

My dress was $350! I can’t wait until it comes in so that I can show it off to you ladies!

Post # 9
5271 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2009

Yep! My dress was $187! I had it custom made by an ebay seller in China. Here is the original dress & mine (the original had crystals all over and an open back & I wanted no crystals & a closed back, I just loved the silhouette.)

[attachment=1566857,196080] [attachment=1566857,196081] [attachment=1566857,196083]

Post # 12
1011 posts
Bumble bee

Yes, they do have the sale each year.  It’s in the summer though, so since your wedding is in July, you might not have a chance to take advantage.  That being said, I saw some great dresses at Marry-Go-Round when I shopped with my sister for her dress.

Post # 13
5572 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: June 2011

@katieebee: Thanks! I ordered it and I think when it comes in I’m going to have it taken in a little at the bottom of the mermaid-y part to make it just a little more pronounced around my hips but it really was almost perfect!

@AnnieAAA: LOVE your dress

Post # 14
5271 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: October 2009

@katieebee: Haha! Yes! Thanks!! His name is Jeff Liu from Aprils Bridal. I actually first heard of this seller when I read Bridal Bargains, and then did ALOT of reserach on him before I decided to get my dress made (also many bees have had their dresses made from him too!) all had positive reviews!

The original St. Pucci gown was $7000!! The original was silk & mine was taffetta, but he NAILED the shape and style of the dress, which is what I fell in love with the most.

And at $187 you can’t beat it!!

If you want more details you can PM me and I’ll share all my recommendations on working with him πŸ™‚

@Running Elley: Thanks!!

Post # 15
49 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: January 2011

Yes! I found it at Nordstrom Rack for $129. πŸ™‚ 

It was everything I said I didn’t want in a dress. Long and ivory! We’re getting married at the courthouse in January and I thought I wanted short and sassy. I tried on a bunch of what I thought I wanted and realized that my vision just wasn’t working…lol. I tried this one on and it felt right the second I zipped it up. Simple. Simple. Simple. Just like our wedding! πŸ™‚

I bought it in November and haven’t even thought of it until last night when I pulled it out of the closet, exactly one month before our wedding and realized…as I had guessed…that I’ve packed on some holiday pounds! It still zips, but I can’t breathe…is breathing really that important? πŸ˜‰ Great motivator to get my butt in gear and workout everyday. Going to Hong Kong next week, I’m doomed with all of the yummy food. πŸ™

[attachment=1566943,196092] [attachment=1566943,196093]

Post # 16
4311 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

mine was the J Crew Sabine, brand new with tags from oncewed.com for $350.

The topic ‘Was/Is your dress <$500?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors