(Closed) WATCH OUT! CLASSIFIEDS SCAMMER. Tgarret115

posted 5 years ago in Weddingbee
Post # 3
1152 posts
Bumble bee

@MayaBean:  I got the same message – how did you find out it was a scam?

Post # 4
1695 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

@gangqinjia:  This is a pretty typical internet scam.  They send you a cashier’s check way over the amount you are asking and then ask you to send the rest back to them for whatever purpose.  By the time  you have sent the money (via western union), your bank informs you that the check has bounced and they then debit the entire amount of the check from  your account and you’re out the amount that you wired.

Post # 5
1152 posts
Bumble bee

@greenviolets:  Ouch. Good to know. I was just going to ask her whether she meant “certified check” or “cashier’s check” because they’re two different things, but I’m definitely glad y’all told me!

Post # 6
1695 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: March 2012

@gangqinjia:  Glad to know you haven’t moved forward yet!  Always be careful when the person says “the item listed” and has poor spelling and grammar.  If the person doesn’t ask many questions that you would ask if you were purchasing something, beware!!  Always be careful when they talk about courier services, etc. 

Post # 7
9 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2012

I RECEIVED THIS MESSAGE !!! I BELIEVE IT HAS TO BE A SCAM !!! WHAT WOULD YOU SAY ???

Thanks for your reply, Yes i can avoid the price … money will be included to the item fees,so when you get the payment out..you we send the rest fund to the shipping company via PayPal, and the shipping company we come for the pick up of the items, kindly get back to me with your
Name:
Your PayPal Invoice:
Your Phone number:
Price of it :
Your address:

The topic ‘WATCH OUT! CLASSIFIEDS SCAMMER. Tgarret115’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors