(Closed) Watched Julie & Julia today..

posted 8 years ago in The Lounge
Post # 3
713 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2010

i loved that movie too!! until i learned more about the real life story after some googling after watching it.. and she totally cheated on her husband… but whatever.  the train station scenes are from hoboken, nj! that is where we are from/met and where we did our engagement shoot.. we had no idea until we watched and im like “omg! isnt that hoboken?!” and then we remembered being there a while back and the main room was closed and filled with lights and stuff. weird…

annnnyway. Fiance and i are way busy people… between kickboxing, darts, dodgeball, flip cup (ya, dont ask) but I have been motivated to get back into my fine arts and plan on doing figure drawing and learn how to oil paint at a local museum this winter.

Post # 5
541 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2011

I really liked this movie, too! I love food (and butter!). I have to agree that googling made me a little disappointed, too. I read some of her blog and it didn’t seem as endearing as the movie made it out to be. Also, Amy Adams seemed too sweet compared to the real Julie.

Post # 6
832 posts
Busy bee

love this movie! i tried reading the book & i was really disappointed. i just couldnt get into it at all.

Post # 7
1347 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

@Mrs. Menard to Be : Funny, I read the book first and liked it, and I couldn’t get into the movie!

Post # 8
5921 posts
Bee Keeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

I loved that book and the movie, but the “sequel” is horrible. She cheats on her husband and they divorce.  She seems like such a bad person in the sequel (not just because she’s unfaithful, just for other reasons.)

Post # 9
948 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

I loved half of the movie.  I really really loved watching the scenes with the Julia Child character.  It made me want to go pick up that cooking book and learn more about Julia.  I really wish they’d make a movie about her life.  

I found Julie to be very whiney, I just wanted to tell her to suck it up.  

Post # 10
832 posts
Busy bee

@CattyMN608: really? i wish i wouldve known about the book & read it before i saw the movie. & then i tried to read it while i was packing to move…so i guess that doesnt give the book a fair chance. i might try to read it again…hopefully ill like it 🙂

Post # 11
1093 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: Private home

it really is uplifting – amy adams is charming which is I think redeems a lot of the less than lovely qualities of the real Julie – but Meryl Streep as Julia Child????  Changed my life.  LOVE the movie (and actually like the book and the sequel – it’s a pretty interesting look at relationships and obsessions)

The topic ‘Watched Julie & Julia today..’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors