(Closed) WB 2010: Best Holiday Dinner Spread

posted 8 years ago in Weddingbee
Post # 3
2767 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

My brother and I prepared this over the weekend for a holiday meal.  He’s a chef so he prepared all the hard stuff.  I made the important stuff – like the alcoholic beverages and the chocolate cake.

Post # 4
3762 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

@amariem25: Thats a ton of food but it all looks soooo yummy! 

We are hosting Christmas dinner and I can’t wait.  I will try to share a picture even though I’m not part of the contest! 

Post # 6
2090 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Oh fun! Here’s my entry! My mom and I made Christmas dinner together. (we also set up the decorations). The menu was:
• Beef Wellington
• Asparagus with Hollandaise sauce
• Rosemary roasted potatoes
• Dessert: this Italian apple tort (no picture of that)

The table:

The beef wellington up close: (it was both our first times making this, and it turned out really well)

Post # 7
7587 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

I made a fig and orange glazed ham! It was too die for!

and then a ton of sides. Green beans almondiene, sweet potato casserole, twice baked potato, apple and cranberry stuffing, caprese salad, biscuits, and of course corn because Darling Husband would die without it 🙂

and tons of cookies. Peanut butter, 7 layer bars, coconut and cranberry macaroons, red velvet whoopie pies, and apple struessel cheescake bars! mmmm!

Post # 8
1285 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Fiance made turkey with red cabbage, potato dumplings and cognac sauce.

Dessert: chocolate-marzipan ice, walnut-eggnog-ice cream and powdered mini-donuts with chocolate sauce

Post # 10
1222 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

@mwitter80: **DROOL** Your food looks and sounds SO amazing. What is that 3rd picture of?

Post # 11
7587 posts
Bumble Beekeeper
  • Wedding: December 2010

@CaraMia10: that’s the Cranberry apple stuffing. AMAZING! and a huge hit with the fam.  I take a 3 day old ciabatta bread  (so that it’s nice and crusty) and cut it into cubes, sautee a red pepper, onion and two granny smith apples then add it to the bread, mix it with a cup of dried cranberries, 2 cups chicken stock, a can of cream of celery soup (flavor but no stringy things to contend with), 3 eggs, some cinnamon, salt and pepper,  mix it all together really good, grease a 13×9 pan, scoop it in, and bake it at 350 for 30minutes or so. You’ll want to eat it every day.

Post # 12
406 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2009 - Small church ceremony with mountain-view log cabin reception

omg I’m so hungry now… everything looks so YUMMY!

Post # 13
342 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: January 1991

@gabrielleelise1981:

Wow!  How did you make the beef wellington like that with the leaves?  That’s gorgeous!

Post # 14
2090 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

@SM1982: Thanks! It was super easy actually – my mom is an artist and is always putting “arty” touches on food. We just wrapped the wellington in puff pasty sheets, and then used a leaf cookie cutter to cut out leaf shapes from left over pasty. Took egg white and dabbed egg white onto the leaf puff pasty piece so it would stick onto the wellington puff pasty, and placed them in clusters like real leaves grow, and that’s it! 🙂

The topic ‘WB 2010: Best Holiday Dinner Spread’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors