- Sweet Magnolia
- 8 years ago
- Wedding: February 2010
Hey ladies! Time for the 2nd checkin, even though i think most of us finished the book way before now (: it was so hard to put down!!
1. Were you surprised that Rosie was the one to kill August?
2. Do you think Uncle Al killed himself or that he was murdered?
3. Were you disappointed with how the story ended?
4. Is there anything about the story that you wouldve changed?
**Please feel free to post anymore questions you may have or would like to discuss.**
1. i wasn’t really surprised that Rosie killed August. He had it comin.
2. At first, i thought Uncle Al had killed himself…but i read on and it sounded like he was murdered. I know he had a lot of people that were angry at him. maybe i need to reread that part? 🙂
3. I was a little disappointed with how the story ended. I didnt think the older Jacob’s point of view was important at all. & i was kind of sad that it ended with him. I think the book couldve been written with only the younger jacob’s point of view and been just as good, if not better. & i then the ending couldve been more about his and marlena’s life together.
4. I wish Sara Gruen wouldve translated the Polish that was written throughout the book. It kind of annoyed me that i didnt know what any of it meant.