(Closed) We are at a year May 2010 ladies

posted 9 years ago in May 2010
Post # 3
136 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

I’m so excited! My colors have changed over and over and I’m still tempted to change them again, but I’m sticking to our chartreuse and plum (for now.) We were engaged 12/25/07, so this is an exciting marker in our timeline!

Post # 4
960 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2010

Yayy!!! I’m at the end of May but still…it’s soo close! I kind of took a break after buying my dress back in March. It’s probably time to start back up, though. We have a lot of the big stuff: venue, photog, dj, dress. Hopefully well do our engagement pics sometime this summer so we can send our Save-The-Date Cards by Sept. When are you girls planning on sending them out? Is Sept too early, ya think??

Post # 5
246 posts
Helper bee

Love that you posted this!  May 1st really made everything feel real! πŸ™‚ Not that it didn’t before, but I’m sure you know what I mean.  We actually have a lot done already: Venue, chair covers, flowers, Justice of the Peace, DJ, invitations, and some other little details.  The big things we have left are my dress, BM’s dresses, tuxes for the guys, photographer and then of course putting everything together (including a million DIY projects!).  So yeah, I feel pretty good about it all!  Kind of just want the day to be here, but I’m sure this year will go by fast.  As for your question EAQ219….I’m planning on sending out my Save-The-Date Cards around November 1st…which is about six months out.  You think I should send them out earlier?  What is everyone else doing?? What colors are you ladies having?  Mine are pink and green.  Yay for May brides!!  We should definitely keep this post going!! 

Post # 6
246 posts
Helper bee

By the way, what’s everyone’s wedding date?  Ours is Saturday, May 22nd.  Anyone else?? πŸ™‚

Post # 7
960 posts
Busy bee

Yayy mine is May 22!!! So you’re doing them in November…hmm. Now I’m rethinking it. Oct or Nov seems a little more reasonable I guess. I think my problem is that I’m so excited that I just want to do everything RIGHTNOW.

Post # 8
81 posts
Worker bee

Ack!  So hard to believe–then again, my date is May 30, so almost June, but it still feels real.

We are sending our save the dates in early October–a bit early, but we’re almost a destination wedding, so we want people to be able to start planning.  We’re getting married in DC over Memorial Day weekend, so we want people to be able to make a vacation out of it.  

I’ve gotten a good deal done already:  venue, caterer, photographer, picked colors (red and turquoise), dress (I think!), started working on the ceremony, contacted a couple officiants, plus some other little stuff.  Getting SO many DIY project ideas on here too!

I wish you ladies the best of luck–and ask an important question…how’s your Fiance dealing with this?  Is he interested or completely apathetic?  Mine wavers, according to the day! 

Post # 9
136 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: December 1969

May 28th here! We might be crazy to have a friday night wedding, but it gives us a long weekend to recuperate and cheaper prices on things like the venue, photog and other things…

I was thinking about sending out my "definites" this memorial day weekend, since a lot of our family vacations on that weekend and they plan it in advance. Do you think that’s too soon?? I would only send them this early to the family that would definitely be there.

What are your colors?

Post # 10
246 posts
Helper bee

I know what you mean EAQ219!  I am super excited about everything too!  I’m sure I’ll have to really restrain from sending out my STDS earlier!  Once I get them, I’ll want to send them out that day!!  We’re waiting on sending ours out because most of our guests will only be travelling locally, and already have our date on their calendars anyway (I hope!).  If we had a lot of people coming from far distances (like some of you girls!), then I would DEFINITELY send them out earlier!  Oh, and yay for May 22nd! πŸ™‚  As for your post UrbanLeo, I have to say that my Fiance has been really great when it comes to everything wedding related.  I’ve watched so many of my friends deal with uninterested fiances, so I feel pretty lucky about the fact that my guy has been so involved.  We’ll see what happens as the wedding date gets closer!! CEO528, I think Friday night weddings are great…especially since you’re doing it on a long weekend. We would have gone with a Friday night wedding, but the 22nd is a Saturday and I don’t know…we just liked that date for some reason, dont ask me why πŸ™‚  Sicnce you’re getting married Memorial Day weekend, I would DEFINITELY send out my Save-The-Date Cards super early…and no, I really don’t think this Memorial Day is too soon.  Go for it!  Our colors are pink and green….I wanted a color combo that was springy and fun…plus, my favorite color is pink and my FI’s is green…so that’s even better πŸ™‚  How about you ladies?  What are everyone else’s colors?? 

Post # 11
1042 posts
Bumble bee

CEO528- we are friday night too! Woo! I’m doing my save the dates soon too…just need to design them!!

Post # 12
81 posts
Worker bee

CEO528–I’m taking advantage of the long weekend too, just on the opposite end.  We’re getting married on Sunday of Memorial Day weekend!  So nice to be getting things for even a little bit cheaper…

Post # 13
246 posts
Helper bee

Hey all you May 2010 brides!  Question for you…when are you ordering your wedding dresses?  What do you think is the last possible date it would be okay to order a dress to have enough time to get it ready for a May 22 wedding?? I’m holding off, because I’m really trying to lose as much weight as possible before I order it.  What do you think??

Post # 14
997 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2010 - The Pierre Hotel

Hi – I’m May 30, 2010 too!  So far, we’ve picked our venue, photographer, videographer, band, working on flowers and Save-The-Date Cards, and I did some  preliminary dress shopping yesterday!!  I was also trying to figure out when to send out the save the dates. Once I complete them I’m sure I’ll want to send them out ASAP!

Post # 15
1042 posts
Bumble bee

@Maybee- I’d definitely order your dress about 6-8 months out at the latest. That will give you the maximum amount of time to lose some weight and still have a dress there in time for your wedding and tailored and everything!

@wheresmydessert- wow, you’re ahead of me! I just ordered some paper samples to test out my save the dates ideas, I will probably have mine out in late may or early june at this rate!

Post # 16
16 posts
Newbee

Yay!  I’m happy to read that at least a few May 2010 brides have already booked things.  I’m meeting with a possible officiant next Monday, and I was thinking that it may be strange of me to pay someone in full (she comes highly recommended) to reserve her for a day not yet a year in advance.

My date is May 15th.  I already have my venue, my photographer and cake people (both friends), and my invitation-making supplies.  I feel like that I have to decide on a florist and whether we’d want a videographer or DJ soon, so that I can finally stop worrying about the availability of vendors.

My Fiance is pushing me to set up our website.  Once I have this, I can email our Save-The-Date Cards, which I want to send out soon to give our Out of Town relatives enough notice to save up traveling money.  My Fiance is willing to help out however he can, but I suspect he’d prefer manual work.  I’m still stuck contacting vendors.  We’re both shy.

@MayBee My married friend informed me that it may take several months for a dress on order to arrive and some more to have alterations done.  Skimming some online resources, I found that the usual advice is to order at least 6 months ahead to reduce the need to have "rush" services.

(Or what Miss Burgundy wrote. )

The Fiance and I are also going for our fave colours as our wedding colours: red and blue.  I’m thinking of keeping the actual shades flexible and having an accent colour or two to help get the overall look become more "spring-like" while still being "us".

The topic ‘We are at a year May 2010 ladies’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors