- 9 years ago
- Wedding: June 2009
I’m not going to lie to you… our wedding was FANTASTIC! From the weather, to the food, to my gorgeous shepherd’s hooks and lanterns, to our attire….. everything was better than we had hoped for.
Some highlights :
- Our schedule was – somehow – followed to a ‘T’. It was more of a general outline and for whatever reason, it was just about perfect. Not necessary but still pretty cool.
- The weather… we had a 40% chance of rain earlier in the week (Wednesday). So we panic’d and ordered a smaller ceremony tent just in case thinking that we’d serve apps in it if we didn’t use it. As the day rolled on, it stayed overcast and the afternoon was gloriously sunny! It was looking like it definitely would rain so this was a shocker… I’m still amazed that it didn’t!
- I had a few projects that I did that at the time seemed small but made a HUGE difference. First, I had shepherd’s hooks line the aisle with quart-sized Ball jars that I had my fiance fashion hooks to using copper electrical wire. Tied burgundy and peach grosgrain ribbon around the mouth of each, my (now husband’s) mother filled each with matching flowers and VOILA! They looked stunning. I’m not crafty at ALL and this looked way cool. Secondly… I had made "picture ornaments" to hang on a large bush that I bought and potted. This looked really cool and people loved looking at our photos. Lastly and most importantly… I did the lantern / LED project on WB. They made a HUGE difference to the look of the tent. I was at first concerned with how they would look (too bluish from the LEDs or something) but as it got later in the evening, they glowed and looked amazing. People kept commenting on how neat they were. They were a little bit of a pain to hang as the fishing wire kept sagging but with some reinforcements, they did fine.
- My maid of honor – and best friend – was fantastic. She was there when I needed her and her speech brought tears to my eyes.
- The band. Our "splurge". TOTALLY WORTH IT. People loved dancing late into the night.
- We had received a fire pit as a wedding gift and set it up earlier in the day with chairs all around it. We’d also bought marshmallows for smores. HUGE hit. People not into dancing sat around it and chatted.
- I forgot sentence two of the ring exchange (we had decided to memorize two simple sentences when we exchanged rings). I totally HAD it too…. but in a moment of panic (I don’t do well with public speaking), I forgot. Not good. I am still not thrilled with myself. The first thing out of my mouth was "Oh crap…" GOOD MORGAN. I laughed it off and made it through but I still feel like I failed. Sigh…
- The best man’s speech was HORRIBLE. We were just waiting for it to end. He was trying to make jokes of things that were really not funny. Painful!
- The timing of the cake cutting had to be changed because the buttercream frosting was getting a little warm. That was fine but it felt earlier then we’d wanted it. It was good though… kept the ball rolling.
[attachment=237114,25697] [attachment=237114,25698] [attachment=237114,25699]