(Closed) We have a board!! Any July 2014 brides??

posted 6 years ago in July 2014
Post # 3
220 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

Hello!

Yes me! i does seem ages away but im sure the time will fly!

what date are you having your day? Ours is the 12th.

πŸ™‚

Post # 4
23 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: May 2014

We’re looking at June 2014 πŸ™‚ what are you guys doing to help pass the time?!?!

Post # 5
220 posts
Helper bee

im just taking time in doing everything! so far we have the church and reception booked, and before settling on anything else as definates, just looking at any and every option. dont want to book it all now and want to change my mind next year!

also gives me a fair while to get rid of these extra pounds! so told myself im not allowed to go wedding dress shopping till i have reached a certain weight!

my Future Sister-In-Law got engaged a month after we did and she has planned her wedding to be 9 months before mine and she has already booked everything except her wedding car, so she has nothing else to do now! so i kind of like the idea that we are taking our time with everything, at least thisd way we have time to think of different ideas which we are both happy with, first dance song, menu etc.

i have to say though, knowing its still so far away is killing me!

how about you, how far have you got with all the planning?

Post # 6
23 posts
Newbee

@hellsbells2949:  We have just been having fun looking at all the different posibilities and stuff! We did buy an invitation kit that is gorgeous and was on super sale! We’re on a pretty tight wedding budget so it will be nice to have two years to find all the best deals!!

Anddd I want to have long hair at my wedding πŸ™‚ so I need at least a year and half!

Good luck shedding those pounds! Its great that you have a while so you can do it healthily without any kinds of crash diets πŸ™‚

Post # 7
220 posts
Helper bee

Trying to grow my hair too! ha, i think thats a common thing with bride-to-bes!

Post # 8
10 posts
Newbee

Hello my date is set for the 11th and i had a question. are ya’ll getting strancg looks whenever you contact venues or bridal shops? It seems like whenever i say july 11,2014 the world stops spinning and everyone stares i thought this was too early to start planning however i deploy soon and will not be able to do a lot of leg work. How do i stop from feeling like i have antlers?!?

Post # 9
23 posts
Newbee

@BusyBride2Bee:  I have noticed the same thing! I have just been saying that my next two years will be very busy, so I want to get as much done now as I can. I’m sure all your vendors would be very understanding, especially if you told them you were being deployed soon πŸ™‚

Post # 10
11 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: July 2015

hey ladies!!! mine will be July 12th as well!! so excited……everyone around me thinks i need to do it in 2013 but i have this absolute weird thing about odd numbers!! Plus, it gives us A LOT of time to save a ton of money and get exactly what we want.  We are also moving to Italy for 15 months and our wedding will be in Chicago where we met!!! yea…i know its crazy but it will be so much fun which is why we are happy to have all this time.  im originally from minnesota and he’s from pittsburgh so we didnt want any complaints of having one side of the family travel all the way to the other.  i went to college in chicago and i met him while he was stationed with the Navy there so it just makes sense to get married in the city we fell in love at and both families will have to travel!! haha….

im happy that there are other people planning so far in advance though. no worries about ppl giving you/us crazy looks about the date.  we just plan in advance and with this much time hopefully none of us will be stressing out at all.  we will be relaxing those last few months besides minor details.

p.s i’m growing my hair out as well!!!

Post # 11
220 posts
Helper bee

yep July 12th 2014 is going to be an amazing day!!

and the strange looks things, yes totally!! but i dont understand why, booking in an advance secures you the date venus time wtc that we want right? so why leave it till 12 months before the day and not be able to have the dream right?

i wouldnt buy my dress now, but all the other stuff like church, reception, im trying to get done now, and then im picking up little bits and bobs that i want to use for decorating the venues, got ages to find the right bits, even longer to mess up making them and having to start again and again and again….! ha

plus having time on ours sides means *fingers crossed* we can plan our days leisurely and enjoy it! my Future Sister-In-Law in getting married a few months before us, she got engaged a month after us(January 2012) and has already booked EVERYTHING, like seriously, dress bought, transport done, make up artist booked, flowers, DJ, venues, you name it! now shes sat twidling her thumbs just waiting for the day. i couldnt do it! itd kill me not keeping busy!

How far have you guys got with everything then?

ooo! and what about the hen do??

Post # 12
10 posts
Newbee

@Reno4278:  Your right i guess i’ll start telling them that because usually i’ll just say yeah and give them that “say something” look lol. I agree with you all as meticulous as i am i need this time to plan and save all the pennies i can πŸ˜‰

Post # 13
10 posts
Newbee

As of now i’ve found my venue and picked my colors but that’s about it.

Post # 15
10 posts
Newbee

Lavender and Burnt Orange

Post # 16
2143 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2015

Still waiting but we have our timeline mostly set and July 2014 is what it looks like (so far!!)

The topic ‘We have a board!! Any July 2014 brides??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors