(Closed) We have a board!! Any July 2014 brides??

posted 10 years ago in July 2014
Post # 32
1845 posts
Buzzing bee

@Goyardgyrl:  

View original reply
@FoxyBride14:  Hey ladies! My date twins ๐Ÿ™‚

So far I have picked the venue, have collected links to webites for decor/our cake, helpful websites etc, researched where I’ll be getting my dress and obsessed a whole lot ๐Ÿ™‚ 

We chose July 4, 2014 because it’ll be our 10 year anniversary. Too perfect.

Post # 33
280 posts
Helper bee

My SO and I have done things way out of order.  We bought a house and have a wedding date but are not “technically” engaged yet. LOL  He thinks being engaged is 15 months or under til wedding day so hopefully I will get the enagement and my dream ring right before or after his deployment.  But we watch a “4th of July, firework wedding” and we have the venue.  We will be putting the deposit down in the next few months. I am planning now because next year I will be in law school and won’t have much time.  That normally removes all the stares for Jul 14′ .  Congrats all!!

Post # 34
1436 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: July 2014

Hi guys, it’s very comforto sees see 2014 brides!!! I’m a July 26, 2014 bride and I’m not even engaged yet?!?!? I’m like extra picky soooo my SO and I are designing my engagement ring with Leon Mege. Also I already put a deposit down on our venue/reception. Many may think why start so early? Well it gives our family and us time to space responsibilities and money obligations, it definitely works for us. Hopefully I’ll be posting proposal pics soon!!!!

Post # 35
718 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

July 2014 Bride here too!

Originally FH and I wanted to get married next year but I don’t like odd numbers, so… 2013 went out the window! Plus his sis who is married kept saying– have the wedding YOU two want. So, we are back to thinking a SoCal wedding is what we want. We just moved to Minneapolis from SoCal. Most of our friends are there, we lived there, fell in love there… It feels more us. Feels so good to say that after the two months of panicking over where to have the wedding!

Post # 36
1436 posts
Bumble bee

July 26, 2014 bride here. . . Already put a deposit down for venue and dress. . . I’m not even engaged yet but hopefully that will change after I graduate in May?!?!?!?

Post # 38
718 posts
Busy bee

I hate that my date is so far off!

I just called my venue to discuss options and they can’t book us until January. ARGAHEAOIWHJNRWIJ3E!

So frustrating. They also said prices could increase, but hopefully not. I hate this. I have to wait unitl January?!?!? 

Post # 39
1436 posts
Bumble bee

@maplemag:  The Elite Palace a fairly new establishment but it’s sooooooo gorgeous!!!

Post # 40
35 posts
Newbee

July ’14 is going to be a goooooood month! ๐Ÿ™‚

I’ve got my gorgeous church and gorgeous venue booked and of course I’ve got my gorgeous fiance!

We’ve been running in & out of wedding expo’s etc for the last 6 months, and every time we go to one, we realise more and more that we’re SORTED!

The only things we’ve got to do now are the cake, the DJ and the transport. The wedding dress & flowers are things that I can only do nearer to the time!

I like being so sorted so early on, but at the same time it slightly annoys me; if we had the money, we could have our joyous day NOW! ๐Ÿ˜€

Post # 41
4 posts
Wannabee

@fineapplewine:  Hi girly my wedding date is July 24th in St Thomas VI… Im looking for dresses… lol for bridesmaid dresses and a bridal gown thats both summery and cool and extravagant…

Post # 42
4 posts
Wannabee

@maplemag:  y cant you hold your price since its thei policy stopping you and not your lack of work??

Post # 43
4 posts
Wannabee

I came up with Turquoise and Magenta… Its going to be tropical and I think I want flowers indigenous to the area not only to save money but to be of the culture… As for the food at the reception Im going the same route… Something Jerk and a fish or other seafood item but very very small…

Post # 44
1817 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2015

I’m not July, but glad to see I’m not the only one planning for 2014!

Post # 45
718 posts
Busy bee

@evrydivahasherday:  The farthest they’ll book out is 18mo. Which makes sense for them… That’s Disneyland for you…

Post # 46
1 posts
Wannabee

@bunnyharriet:  

@FoxyBride14:

@Goyardgyrl:

Hello there!!! I just got engaged a little over a week ago and we think that a wedding on the weekend of 4th of july is a great idea! I am like a little girl when it comes to fireworks and that is my favorite holiday of all!!! Right now we are thinking about Saturday, July 5, but are also considering July 4 since it is a Friday.

How has booking venues and vendors been for you all??? Is Friday the cheaper date of the two? AND not a question, but I just wonder when the fireworks will be most active this year, Friday night or Saturday night… will probably be nice both nights!

Anyway, is it more difficult/expensive due to the busy weekend, or has it been easy? My stomach has been in knots b/c we don’t have the venue yet and I don’t know what to expect, but we are meeting with them this weekend, and hopefully get everything figured out!

Oh, and how receptive have your guests been about it so far? if you know.

The topic ‘We have a board!! Any July 2014 brides??’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors