(Closed) We have a board!!!!! May 2014 where you at!

posted 10 years ago in May 2014
Post # 32
1850 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

@txbella:  We might be missing out on those parties too, and honestly it kind of makes me sad. My mom suggested having a Bachelorette Party in Vegas, because 1.5 years is a ways out and it gives people time to save up.

But because all of my bridesmaids would be out of the state, I’m pretty bummed that if we don’t elope and have an actual wedding, I won’t get to do things with my bridesmaids and have parties, etc.

*sigh*

Post # 33
39 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2013

@Torrid:  A Bachelorette party in Vegas sounds amazing! Anyone have any deals or know of any specials???

Post # 34
1850 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: December 2012

@Charlala8055:  I haven’t found any that far out yet, but if I do, I’ll definitely let you know!

Post # 35
4 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: May 2014

May 10, 2014 for us! (It’s the same date as my parents and grandparents!)

Post # 36
781 posts
Busy bee

@txbella:  Where in TX are you? I am getting married the day after you in Houston!

Post # 37
17 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2015

may 31, have venue and thats it.

Post # 38
1 posts
Wannabee

I’m already married, but we never had a wedding. We are renewing our vows on our 7th year marraige on May 3rd, 2014…it seems like forever. Ugh!

Post # 39
1 posts
Wannabee

wahoo!! May 2014 Bride!! I am tossing up a few specific dates as of now. Originally i wanted May 24. But that is Memorial Day weekend. Then I thought maybe the 10th. But the 11th is Mothers Day. Now I’m thinking of May 3, 2014! I am so excited. I am fixing to book an appt to look at a restored Whiskey Barn in Georgia (where I am from) to use in our “Southern Chic” wedding :))) .

Post # 40
1102 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2014 - Paradise Gardens

So Hello Bees…. we are May 24th 2014-been engaged since 2010(when we graduated from undergrad)!

Have’nt responded to this one yet ! But I’m so glad to be able to talk to people in the same boat as us! Our main reason was finances and school as to why we were engaged so long!

So far:

We booked the venue!!

Photographer/food- to come next 

Post # 41
13 posts
Newbee

@Eulalia:  yay someone has the same date as me! 🙂

My grandma’s, who passed from cancer in ’09, birthday is 5/11. she would have loved my fiancé. Our colors are ivory, gray, and different shades of purple. My dress is lace all over, sweetheart neckline, and originally a line but I’m making it mermaid. Love it. And I decided we’re getting married at Oak Leigh in Fair Oaks. Our save the dates will be online and our invites will be via internet. 

Anyone else this far?

Post # 42
4 posts
Wannabee

Hello fellow May Brides!!! I am planning my May 17, 2014 wedding!!! I had the same date issue as others have mentioned, didnt want my wedding on a holiday! So far I have picked the venue, colors, and are currently working on picking out a photographer!!

Post # 43
505 posts
Busy bee

Hi all! May 4, 2014 here! We chose the date because… anything more than 2 years of being engaged was tooo long. So on that date, we will have been engaged 1 year and 364 days! Haha. We got engaged May 5 (one day before our 3 year anniversary on the 6th!). So far, nothing booked yet 🙁 We are working on getting the venue booked and once that is done, we will book our photographer – we know who we want to book but we want to make sure we get a venue on our date before we book her.

Post # 44
9 posts
Newbee

May 18th, 2014!

I have about a million things pinned and so so many ideas.

So far:

colors (navy and sage with lace and grey fabric accents)

ceremony venue

photographer

bridal party mostly picked out, bridesmaid boxes almost completed

Post # 45
131 posts
Blushing bee

I’m a going to be a May 2014 bride! I have an appointment this Sat. to book the venue for May 3rd, 2014.  

So far I have engagement photos booked for April. My tentative color scheme is (light green, champagne, peach, and a little navy). I guess I will book a photographer next? not really sure of what is done after the venue is picked. 

Post # 46
1 posts
Wannabee

I’m getting married May 17th, 2014 yayy! We picked out our colors and so far have the following set/deposits paid: church, venue, band, florist, photographer, videographer, limo, 2 bridal showers (my fiance lives in another state so his mother is throwing me one there too), rehearsal dinner, and I think that’s it for now. I’m in school so I wanted to get the big stuff out of the way early. I’m sooo excited to be marrying the love of my love 🙂

The topic ‘We have a board!!!!! May 2014 where you at!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors