(Closed) We have a board!!!!! May 2014 where you at!

posted 10 years ago in May 2014
Post # 47
1269 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: June 2014

I’m May 31st. I have my colors picked out. And where I want the wedding but nothing is booked yet. Going Monday to see when we can book. =]

Post # 48
310 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014

We’re getting married on May 3rd!  Hooray for May 2014 brides! πŸ™‚

I have a little chunk done but I feel like we still have sooo much…

I have the venues along with the colors, my dress and the girls dresses picked out.  We’re kinda putting some stuff on hold while we purchase a home but then we’re digging right back in!

Post # 49
70 posts
Worker bee

Hi all! Well, a lot of time has passed, and my Fiance and I haven’t really set a firm date, mostly because our first choice venue doesn’t accept reservations until 1 year exactly from the event date. Further, because it is a college, they don’t even know when the venue will be available as they haven’t set the academic calendar for next year yet! What do you all think, should we chance it and wait to book the venue or try to book something one of our other options? I would be so much calmer if it was already booked, but it is the only venue we both love. Other than that, we have gotten some initial info from caterers, but that is about it. I know we still have time, but I already feel under time pressure!

Post # 50
189 posts
Blushing bee

Fiance and I have changed our date SO many times, we even had avenue booked and paid for and then changeit our date. We have decided that we will not be changing our date again after this. We WILL be getting married may 2014:) either the 24, or 31st πŸ™‚ we will be getting married at my aunts beautiful home, and I am so excited! We were just planning a wedding in Vegas for January but In the end it just didn’t feel like us…. I excite thrilled to be a part of this board πŸ™‚

Post # 51
39 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: June 2013

Awesome!

Post # 52
1075 posts
Bumble bee

May 17 2014 here! Venue is booked but thats it!

Post # 53
335 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2013

We are May 17th, 2014! Pretty excited! We put a retainer on an amazing photographer we met at a bridal show yesterday and I bought my gown Sunday. We are venue hunting and the guest list keeps growing, which puts our favorite place out of the running unfortunately. Hoping to have a place picked out and put a deposit down within a month since they tend to book up a year+ out in advance here.

Post # 54
8 posts
Newbee

Wahoo! How exciting?!

We just booked our venue last week – Fell in love with it the moment I stepped inside!

I have gone back and forth between colors but I think I have finally decided on lilac πŸ™‚ Nice light color for May!

Just starting the wedding planning, and enjoying all of the bridal shows and expos (although I must gain 15lbs at each one – so many yummy treats haha)

Post # 55
8 posts
Newbee

Hello, May 2014 Bees! I’m hoping to be a May 10, 2014 bride…still waiting on that ring though, lol! πŸ™‚  I hope that is my date – working around work and grad school.  I live in Cary, NC but am looking into venues in the Raleigh/Durham area and just discovered all of the wineries in NC, too! 

Post # 56
79 posts
Worker bee

Wooohooo!!! 450 days to gooooo!!! time flies when ure having fun …..Wink Any Long Island, Queens, BK Brides here??

Post # 57
28 posts
Newbee

I am a May 10, 2014 bride. So exciting. I have the only nice hall booked in my town, deposit made. aunt is photographer and just about to book the dj real quick. Working on decor Ideas, pinterest is awesome and torture. lol. I have so many wants and ideas, and colors. I want to make all my stuff now and be done with it, however picking a color I like depends on the dress maker, and I havent even looked at bridesmaids dresses much. I cant seem to fall in love with any right now out there. Reallyy want to let the bridesmaids pick what they want, as long as they match and such, in colors of light greens/purples. I did buy some silk flowers at michaels, recent big sale, and I am a cheap bride. i have to be cheap because I accidentally bought my dress a few weeks back. and it wasnt the cheap I wanted, but oh so pretty…Hoping i didnt make  a mistake buying so far out, and no dress regreat 5 months from now.

what are you girls doing for colors matching somewhat with the bridesmaids dresses? ordering now?. at the shop the lady said nov – dec to order them, that seems a little late to me,

Post # 58
14 posts
Newbee

Hi Bees! May 31, 2014 for me! We haven’t booked anything yet.. just happy to have a firm date picked out!!

Post # 59
335 posts
Helper bee

@techheather:  I just recently decided on different colors. As silly as this sounds, a lot of it had to do with the venue and the colors of the chairs they provide LOL (they are a navy blue color). I decided on navy, yellow, and a spring green color (currently going with clover from DB). All the BMs will be wearing the same dress in clover. We have plenty of time, but my sister live in Vegas and is coming into town in two weeks so I am taking her and the BMs to try on dresses just in case she doesn’t make it back out again before the wedding. I am waiting for the particular dresses I want to go on sale and we will probably order then, but November/December seems pretty typical for Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses though.

Post # 60
28 posts
Newbee

@onourway13:  I am hoping that in the summer or fall more styles come out. I cant seem to like many of them. so that will work for me i guess the nov timing, however I would rather it be sooner as the holidays, everyone is busy shoping. I may try summer fall ordering. good idea about venue chair matching, that would bother me. I think mine are white or black so will be ok i think

Post # 61
335 posts
Helper bee

@techheather:  I hate the options for Bridesmaid or Best Man dresses πŸ™ I don’t want to put my girls in ugly dresses and it seems like the nicest looking ones are too expensive! I have been looking on Etsy and they have good options, if you haven’t checked there! They are all made by hand to fit everyone by their measurements!

The topic ‘We have a board!!!!! May 2014 where you at!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors