(Closed) We have a board!!!!! May 2014 where you at!

posted 10 years ago in May 2014
Post # 62
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: May 2014

Hello fellow May brides! I’m getting married May 24, 2014 over Memorial Day Weekend so that our out of town guest will have plenty of time for travel! I’m so excited to start the whole planning process, i just think that Pinterest will be the death of me because I get so overwhelmed with all of the ideas.

Post # 63
104 posts
Blushing bee

May 23rd babaaaaay! My mind id pretty made up on everything already… so im looking forward to smooth sailing. Laughing

Post # 64
25 posts
Newbee

Hello May 2014 Brides! πŸ™‚ I am so happy I found this thread. We got engaged in January and have set our date for May 31, 2014! So far we haved booked our venue. I think we have chosen our colors: coral and yellow. Well I chose them, he doesn’t really care. LOL. I plan to start looking for my dress this spring/summer.

Post # 65
1214 posts
Bumble bee

I just got engaged a couple weeks ago, and we’ve spoken about spring 2014.  Probably May.  A lot of you ladies already have things booked though!  I feel so behind already!

Post # 66
25 posts
Newbee

@kb7:  You have plenty of time!

Post # 67
1214 posts
Bumble bee

@sheri531:  I hope so.  We’ll be paying for the wedding ourselves, and I’m mostly worried about saving for all of these ridiculously expensive aspects of a wedding!  (not to mention a honeymoon!)

Post # 68
35 posts
Newbee

Hi I’m a New Bee 

#TeamMay2014 Wedding

We got engaged this March. Played around with May dates but have set the date at May 24th2014. It’s on Memorial Day weekend. Groomie is from Ohio and has a lot of family in the military so this weekend is perfect so everyone has enough time to travel to and from

Haven’t picked colors yet. We are bouncing between two options.

Theme is a Modern Southern (modern pieces with old southern charm.)

We have our Venue. The Red Mile Harness Race track in Lexington KY. Outside ceremony on the paddock grounds in front of stables. Reception followed in the Clubhouse overlooking the race track.

Working on the menu but both of us agree OPEN BAR!!!

Wedding party picked. 14 people!!!!!! 7 groomsmen & 7 bridesmaids. Undecided (God help me)

Up Next on Planning:

Photographer

Engagement Pictures (groomie doesn’t want to do themL)

Save the Dates

DRESS LOOKING!!!!!

Happy Planning Bees πŸ™‚

Post # 69
94 posts
Worker bee

Tagging In!

Post # 70
320 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: December 2014

Woohoo for us May girls!! I am so excited for us all!! πŸ™‚ May 3, 2014 is our date!!

Post # 71
285 posts
Helper bee

May 31, 2014 bride here!

So far:

• I’ve got my dress (some dress regret over here though)
  • We’ve booked our venue
  • We’ve booked our photographer
  • We’re taking engagement pictures next Tuesday
  • I’ve started my brooch bouquet
  • We started looking for caterers

Post # 72
6 posts
Newbee

Just discovered “Month Twins.” This board is awesome!!!

May 25, 2014 here!

I’m in grad school and work full time, so I went nuts right when we got engaged and tried to get a bunch of stuff done so I wouldn’t have to worry about it (or keep changing my mind):

• ceremony and reception site booked (same venue)
  • photographer booked and engagement photos done
  • cake baker booked
  • reception DJ booked
  • ceremony band booked
  • wedding dress purchased (last weekend!!!!!)
  • bridesmaids (and their dresses) picked out
  • colors: blush and antique gold
  • 80 DIY tall gold mercury candles done for centerpieces and ceremony! (actually really easy)
  • 2/3 of centerpieces mapped out
  • hotel rooms blocked (there is a huge thee-day festival nearby that weekend, so I had to block rooms asap)

I think that’s about it so far. Our tasting is in early August. I need to work on our website, getting registered, finding a florist, and a hair stylist. Also, I need to STOP finding ridiculous DIY decor projects for myself and stay focused πŸ™‚

Post # 73
33 posts
Newbee

Hello! We picked our date and venue yesterday! We’re getting married May 17 on the beach with a casual reception to follow. I’m excited and so grateful to have the major details out of the way. I was losing sleep, seriously. πŸ™‚

Now, I just have to figure out photographer and some other small details that need attention soon. Otherwise, I’m trying to keep it as laid back as possible. Can’t wait to share with all you bees andcheers each other on!

Post # 74
245 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014 - Beach

@txbella:  Date twin πŸ˜€ I’m also May 30th πŸ™‚ what did you so so far πŸ™‚

Post # 75
245 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: May 2014 - Beach

May 30th babyyyy πŸ˜€ haha I’m too excited lol. We have the venue booked yaay ( couple of months ago). Band and Music also booked..hmm what else I’m currently looking for a wedding dress hope I find one soon though cause time flies. I’m torn between some theme colors: (vintage white, hot pink and brown colors) or (orange/hot pink) or white, turquoise and silver what do you bees think?

Post # 76
74 posts
Worker bee

Im getting married May 4th in Brooklyn NY Cool

The topic ‘We have a board!!!!! May 2014 where you at!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors