(Closed) WE HAVE A DATE!!! Now, I need help with logistics please :)

posted 5 years ago in Logistics
  • poll: Should I.
    Risk it and book venue : (9 votes)
    26 %
    Play safe, wait on venue : (8 votes)
    23 %
    Photog is worth it, book now : (10 votes)
    29 %
    Photog is worth it but wait until venue is booked : (5 votes)
    14 %
    Photog is NOT worth it : (3 votes)
    9 %
  • Post # 3
    979 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

    I would probably wait a few months to book the venue, just because you have time.  I’d say go ahead a book in the fall, that sounds like a great deal!


    As far a photographer, I’d book right away, I don’t think you need a venue to set the photographer.  Just from briefly skimming her website, the pics look great and that’s a good price for photography – especially with travel included.  We’re paying $6200 for our photographer!

    Post # 4
    922 posts
    Busy bee
    • Wedding: September 2013


    I would also wait on the venue.  I would even wait til December, a year out.  Most places typically don’t book much more in advance than a year.  Have you tried the restaurant?  I would definintely reccomend that first to make sure you like the atmosphere, drinks, and food.  Also try to research some reviews. 


    The photographer is a good value!  I would book them now if you can.  $2600 is on the lower end of what I’ve seen (I’m in Georgia).  I think you get a lot for your money.

    Post # 5
    2692 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: November 2012

    From what other people have posted on the photographer front, I think you should book her now (IF you have done all your research and she is the best option with the best price).  Great photographers seem to book up quick especially those with great prices.

    I wanted to ask, which restaurant were you considering for your reception?  It is risky booking a brand new place so far out in advance without really knowing how well they can handle a wedding or even if they survive their first year in business.  I would wait.

    Post # 7
    1299 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

    Your wedding date is going to be 12-13-14!  Anyway, how much is it to reserve the venue?  Ours was $500 and I put up the money just to feel secure that we had that date because I loved the place.  I do think you can wait at least until December though, as one poster said.  Also I think it is a great price for the photog esp if travel is included, and you shouldn’t wait to book her if she is good.  If she is a good NY photog she will book out quickly.  One poster said read reviews, and I second this.  I’m a crazy review reader, and booked all of my vendors based solely on reviews and everything was EXCELLENT!  If other people have a bad experience, they are sure to tell the internet about it!


    Post # 9
    1299 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: April 2013

    @minipenguin:  Maybe you could get an ammendment to your contract with them… You are willing to pay it but if they go out of business you have to get your money back as no services were rendered yet?  I dunno… but maybe it’s worth talking to them about it.

    The topic ‘WE HAVE A DATE!!! Now, I need help with logistics please :)’ is closed to new replies.

    Find Amazing Vendors