(Closed) We have our date! April 25, 2015

posted 6 years ago in April 2015
Post # 18
85 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: April 2015

@Laurenplusalex:  Wow! Can’t believe a place was booked that early. I’ve been lucky in that none of mine have been. We are trying to decide between two venues right now, we go look at the other one this weekend. I actually have a lot of family that were married in April, so I’m liking April even more now.

Post # 20
1239 posts
Bumble bee

I just need to vent a bit.

I’m going through the city for my venue, and 2014 is an election year. This means that I can’t book my venue until June! JUNE! It’s killing me. I have to move ahead and book everything without really knowing if I can have my date. GAH! 

The planners, my wonderful Fiance and practically everyone tells me it will be available…but am I crazy to worry about it?

Post # 21
1848 posts
Buzzing bee

@aithinne:  I would be a little anxious too – but you’ll have 10 months notice for most venues. That’s fine! Is April really popular in New Orleans? I know it gets HOT there.

Post # 22
1239 posts
Bumble bee

@sealevels:  April is popular in his family for sure! His sister and cousin both got married in April.

It doesn’t start getting HOT until late May, early June. Then it stays that way until late October. Our wedding is early morning (930) so it shouldn’t be all that bad even on a warm day.

Post # 23
1848 posts
Buzzing bee

@aithinne:  Awesome. Well the first second you get to do so, I’m sure you’ll be booking!

I don’t understand why election year makes a difference? Excuse my ignorance.

Post # 24
1239 posts
Bumble bee

@sealevels:  I didn’t either! But apparently, last term they thought about raising the pricing, and couldn’t get it done. So with the whole city council and mayor up for election, they have to wait until after the elections to see if that will go through or not. At least, that’s what I understand from the garbled speech the lady gave me. 

It’s all confusing and annoying! It’s killing me.

Post # 25
794 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

Congrats ladies!!!! That is the best day of the whole year because it’s my birthday ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 27
38 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: April 2015 - Allerton Mansion

@Laurenplusalex Date twins!  Looks like there are a few other brides on here getting married April 25th 2015, too.  This is my first time posting to a WB Board – still trying to get a handle on the lingo and find my way around.  

One of my bridesmaids sent me this a few weeks ago, had to share!

Post # 29
1848 posts
Buzzing bee

@Stina120:  Love it. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Post # 30
925 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

I can’t help but think of the Miss Congeniality line…

Shatner: Describe your perfect date.

Pageant Contestant: I’d have to say… April 25th. It’s not too hot, not too cold. All you need is a light jacket.

Perfect date! ๐Ÿ™‚

Post # 31
925 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2014

@Stina120:  Damn! And here I was thinking I was being all original.

The topic ‘We have our date! April 25, 2015’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors