Post # 1
Mr. FM and I made an offer last night on what we hope will be our home-to-be…now, the hard part. Waiting.
What did you do when you were waiting for mutual acceptance? Any suggestions? How long was it? It’s a foreclosed property so we are now waiting on the bank….
We are excited, scared and really, really happy.
Post # 3
Foreclosures (I think) can take a few weeks for the bank to reply. My friends are trying to buy a foreclosure & the banks are taking their time. I think it took just over a week to hear back that they accepted their offer & the realtor was suprised they replied “that fast”. However, there are banks that reply much sooner. I put in an offer on a short-sale house that was owned by 2 banks (so it should have taken weeks, if not months) to hear back & I heard back in just a few days. The banks were very responsive but the house ended up not working out (the heat source was questionable). It all just depends on the bank. I hope you hear back soon!!
Post # 4
Good luck! I hope it all works out! 🙂 We haven’t bought a home together yet, so I’m a newbie to it.
Post # 5
Good luck! Very Exciting!
Post # 6
We’re in the same boat. We put an offer on the house in early Feb, we’re not expecting to hear for a while. They had 2 mortgages so it should take a little longer for us. We put in the contract that we want to hear by mid May or we will just walk b/c I’ll be 7 months pregnant then, and we don’t want to deal with buying a house as I’m going into labor. I’m trying not to worry about it too much, I figure if we don’t get the house it just wasn’t meant to be.
Post # 7
@FlyingMonkey:Thank you for the supportive replies! 🙂 I must say, the oddest thing happened after posting this on Friday, I checked my email and we had a counter offer. I was surprised because this is a Freddie Mac foreclosure. After mulling over the counter, which was nothing to difficult to swallow, we accepted it.
We put the offer in and had the counter essentially in hours. What a surprise. Now because it is a foreclosure we have to wait for the paper work; the problem is until they get it readied anyone else can make an offer which they may choose to accept too. We were told it will take a few days but we are hopeful because this evening we noticed the house went from “active” to “pending inspection” and we were the only offer as of last Friday.
Exciting times. We are happy as neither of us have ever purchased before…trying to not get emotionally attached yet since things could still change but, it’s getting closer to being ours.