We Want Your Feedback – 2020 Edition!

posted 1 week ago in Weddingbee
Post # 2
7 posts
Newbee

Hello!

I’m the product manager for Weddingbee! Please suggest small or big features in this thread. 

Thank you!

Post # 3
585 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: May 2020 - Clarksville, VA

ibtyen :  I know I’ve said it before, but I’d love an app. 

Post # 5
1392 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: September 2020

ibtyen :  a tag or @ feature to make it easier to reply to multiple bees at once. 

Post # 6
752 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: February 2020

A feature at the bottom of the original post to read only the OPs responses would be wonderful (like on the BabyCenter forums)!

Post # 7
958 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: June 2019 - City, State

More posts per page.

Notification when you get tagged in a post that works like a real notification instead of bringing you into a message screen.  When you click on the notification it brings you to the exact post you were tagged in, not just page one of the whole long thread.

Show/hide feature that allows you to see only all the posts made by the original poster, hiding all replies made by other bees.

When I look at the list of threads on the main board page, I want threads that I’ve already opened or posted on to be marked as read.

Remove those sticky posts from the top of the normal posts, and put them on a side bar.  Or just make them not look like normal posts.

Post # 8
4548 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: November 1999

ibtyen :  Get rid of the automatic function that changes abbreviations to more commonly used terminology on this site. Sometimes we are talking about Double D cup boobs and Sexually Transmitted Diseases so Dear Daughter and and Save the Dates really do throw the post and new bees unfamiliar with the autocorrect feature on this site get very confused by the advice given when they are asking about dress fit and suddenly everyone’s referring to their boobs as ‘dear daughter’!

Please also don’t make the upgrades or any changes if it means what happened last will happen again. It was 6 months of the site being in shambles before anything got semi rectified. Which I’m sure affected site traffic for the site owner.

Also you guys have still done nothing to fix the ad redirects that hijack the site. I’ve downloaded an ad blocker so it doesn’t happen to me anymore but I find it interesting that this is the only site that I really ever needed it for. Bees who haven’t downloaded an adblocker complain about it still so it’s obviously still happening and has not been fixed. 

Post # 9
4727 posts
Honey bee

An ignore function.

Post # 10
631 posts
Busy bee

The “dual post” detection function is over aggressive and makes editing impossible.  When I realize that I’ve posted something with typos or needing correction, trying to edit pretty well guarantees that the post will get dropped as a “duplicate post.” There are ways to get around it but it’s such a hassle!

Also, many forum members complain about their posts getting eaten without editing.  That’s super obnoxious for them and discourages people from posting.

Post # 11
2098 posts
Buzzing bee

I hate the floating bar on top, especially on my phone. But my biggest complaint, that I can’t believe you use:

STOP CHANGING ACRONYMS!!!!!!!!!

It’s RIDICULOUS!!!! We know what the acronyms mean and if we don’t we can ask the OP!!!

D D is Dear Daughter, not dirty delete!

R B is Round Brilliant, not Ringbearer!

B F can be boyfriend or best friend, HOWEVER we don’t need B F changed to a phrase – we figure it out from context! Same thing with B M – yes it can be Bridesmaid or Best Man, but for all that is holy, STOP phrasing it! We get it!!!

Really, this sends me over the edge! There are other acronyms that end up spelled out that are just as stupid!

PLEASE STOPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!!

Post # 12
2603 posts
Sugar bee

+1 to the previously given feedback about no more autocorrecting acronyms, as they often correct to the wrong phrase.

+1 to the previously given feedback about a feature similar to the “show all posts from original poster” feature found on forums like babycenter.  

The floating bar is really irritating, visually. 

Post # 13
1075 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: January 2019

APP. Give us an APP!

also I like how on wedding wire you can click to see what comment a comment is replying to. Sometimes on here you have to go back pages to figure out what someone’s going on about. It’s not always there, but you have the option to “show quoted text” and it’ll show the entire thread of replies.

Post # 14
453 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: June 2018

I second a lot of PPs suggestions to include having a setting to see more posts per page.

Also a feature similar to the City Data forum – topics you’ve read, have unbolded and leave topics with unread messages as bolded; that way it’s easy for users to know when there’s new messages on a topic they’re reading.  Sometimes I go to a topic and realize I’ve read all the posts, as I don’t always pay attention to number of posts.   I hope that makes sense what I’m trying to say.

Post # 15
2603 posts
Sugar bee

How about making it possible to see a deleted thread if you were one of the posters in that thread?  It drives me nuts when I take the time/energy to respond to a thread (sometimes even doing a bit of research in order to make suggestions), then I’m not online for an hour or two and by the time I have a chance to check the thread again, the OP has deleted it… sometimes because they dislike the advice they were given.  

Or even change the policy on allowing threads to be deleted.  It’s really disresptful to everyone who takes the time/energy to post on a thread to allow the thread to be deleted as part of a Flounce.

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors