(Closed) Wearing colored heels with the white dress…how do we feel?

posted 9 years ago in Shoes
  • poll: Bright colored heels are....
    Fun and so pretty! : (432 votes)
    93 %
    Ugly! Wear white! : (16 votes)
    3 %
    Yey polls!! : (16 votes)
    3 %
  • Post # 77
    1184 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: June 2013

I can see why girls are loving the colored shoe trend for their wedding day…. but while I LOVE shoes and I wear all sorts of different colors/patterns/etc on a regular basis, for my wedding day I want bridal shoes, so white and/or ivory blinged out shoes it will be! I rarely get to wear white or ivory shoes, so I see this as my chance 🙂  

To all the other bees with colored shoes:  I love them and the personalities that so clearly shine through! 🙂

Post # 78
    3696 posts
    Sugar bee

My shoes were cobalt and I wore an ivory dress. I’d be lying if I said I didn’t pick tea length just to show them off.

Post # 79
    55 posts
    Worker bee
    • Wedding: July 2013

@RahlyRah:  What brand are those beautiful shoes?? I love them!

Post # 80
    129 posts
    Blushing bee

Spent 3 hours today making mine look fancy. Not sure if i can keep them secret for 6 months. I love the idea of a flash of colour under my dress.

Post # 81
    7 posts
    Newbee
    • Wedding: May 2014

All these shoes are gorgeous I love all the colors, decision-decisions

macmint83, how did you embellish your shoes?

Post # 82
    3872 posts
    Honey bee
    • Wedding: September 2012

I’m just going to go ahead and say that David Tutera is a hot MESS sometimes!  So don’t listen to him – colored wedding shoes are awesome. 

Post # 83
    1119 posts
    Bumble bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

I’m going with purple!!  

Post # 84
    313 posts
    Helper bee

I really wanted blue shoes, but every pair I found was so painful (even just wearing them around my apartment!)  I decided to go with silver instead and found an amazingly comfortable yet dressy shoe.  I’m a little sad over not having blue shoes, but I’d rather not have my feet feel like they’re going to die after wearing shoes for 15 minutes.

Post # 85
    325 posts
    Helper bee

Wow! It never crossed my mind to wear colorful shoes… but I’m completely in love with the first picture you posted. Oooh now I’m so excited to pick out wedding shoes!

Post # 86
    1860 posts
    Buzzing bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

I did not have white shoes.  Is gold considered a “colour”?

Post # 88
    223 posts
    Helper bee

I plan on wearing shoes with black lace on them because I absolutely LOVE lace. I plan on having my dress, the bouquets, boutonnieres, and possibly the linens have lace. I know black is a taboo color for weddings, but I see it as an ending of a part of my life to start a new one.

These are my shoes by the way. They lace up the back of the heel like a corset (another love of mine).

Post # 89
    2 posts
    Wannabee
    • Wedding: September 2013

@Aure:  I LOVE your shoes!!! Where did you find them??

Post # 90
    173 posts
    Blushing bee
    • Wedding: May 2014

The topic ‘Wearing colored heels with the white dress…how do we feel?’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors