(Closed) Wearing the same dress for LV Destination ceremony & ATR. Advice needed.

posted 7 years ago in Destination Weddings
Post # 3
1636 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: May 2013

It seems odd to me that no one can do this in 5 days? 

Maybe when you get home, take it out of the garment bag and make sure it hangs straight.  Perhaps the weight of the dress will get some of the wrinkles out…

Post # 4
2126 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: July 2012

yeah, it might be too wrinkled and if your not able to pay to get it steamed I’d probably suggest getting a different dress for your home reception. That’s what I’m doing…not planning on shelling out either, just a simple white gown.

Post # 5
1636 posts
Bumble bee

I’m still dumbfounded that no one can do this affordably in 5 days??? 

Maybe if you call them back and explain your situation “differently”  like you just bought it used, or some other story, they will give you a cheaper price?

sounds to me like they are totally taking advantage of you, however… I am from AZ (west coastish, I so not know what its like over there).  but there HAS to be a way.

I also heard if you use tissue paper (dollar store, hollah) it woulnt be that wrinkled.

I am so sorry this is happening to you:(Maybe tell them you are wearing it to a special occasion or something.  I think alot of Businesses rape brides (for lack of a better phrase)  It doesn’t hurt to check.

good luck and please keep us posted, I know I am very anxious to know what is going on.

Post # 6
1636 posts
Bumble bee

PS I just noticed…. you are carrying on your dress…  I seriously have heard if you use tissue paper and kind of “roll it up”  then hang it when you get home you should be okay. 

What about hanging it your bathroom and running the shower?  maybe the weight of the dress will prevent wrinkling?  just a thought…  but I definitely have heard if you you use tissue paper, that will certainly help in wrinkling…. 

(sorry i’m posting so much on this thread, i’m just wanting you to have the best of your day)

Post # 8
48 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: August 2008

Hi,

Can your seamstress steam it again for you when you get back to PA? Also, I haven’t heard about tissue paper, but putting it in the plastic bag like what comes when you pick up dry cleaning greatly helps reduce wrinkles. 

If you ask the flight attendants, they may allow you to hang it in the first class closet, so they you just have it hung all the time. 

Congrats and best of luck!
Aimee 

Post # 10
3521 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: December 2010

Sorry if this sounds asinine (which it probably will, since I know nothing about this stuff), but couldn’t you hang it in the bathroom while you shower (obviously, making sure it doesn’t get wet) and steam it that way?

Post # 11
1077 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

Could you get it cleaned in Vegas and just get it steam pressed in Pgh?  Or buy a steamer at Bed, Bath, and Beyond and do it yourself?  I’d experiment with the steamer on a less critical garment or two first.)  Depending on the nature of your material, would it be possible to press it with a cool iron?

Hanging stuff up in the shower has never done a thing when I’ve tried it.  

The topic ‘Wearing the same dress for LV Destination ceremony & ATR. Advice needed.’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors