(Closed) WED 560 or ENG 192 looking for NEW real life pics!!

posted 7 years ago in Rings
Post # 213
394 posts
Helper bee

@couldntbeehappier:  im sorry..let me wipe up the drool on my keyboard first. uhhhh seriously, im pretty sure ive fallen more in love with this ring since you received it.

I totally agree with madi…don’t worry about us bees..PLAN YOUR WEDDING!! you only have a few weeks to do it! i also agree about the checklist…one thing at a time, then you wont get so overwhelmed πŸ™‚

As far as the Vegan stuff..I mean maybe you have stuff special just for you & your fi and then you have other options as well. I, myself, am Paleo – but I don’t expect everyone else to have to eat the way I do..so we will have lots of options(or at least thats the “plan”) people are not going to plan to bring their own food..i think most people expect there to be options? although it could be something you specify in your invite? i am sure you will come to a place where you are happy with whatever you decide πŸ™‚ ultimately don’t forget that its YOUR(you & your fi) day…

ive coordinated a few weddings & people’s feelings are bound to get hurt…but try to remind yourself that its all about the couple..its about you guys…enjoy it πŸ™‚ you only get to do this once. <3

Post # 214
211 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: November 2011

@20madi09:  I know, i cant wait!!!!:) Good idea about the checklist. Its just so hard not to be overwhelmed lol I dont even know how many people we are inviting so i dont know how big of a venue we need etc :-/ Yes Mother-In-Law is so excited to help, shes thrown tonsss of parties in the past so i know she can help us a ton!!!:)

You’re welcome for the pics!:) I know they are all super similar but theyre in diff lights and what not so itll give you a better idea:) I think im just hoping the wedding will just magically be planned for me while i post pics and reply to you guys hahahah 

Agreed!!! I cant wait to wear the set πŸ™‚ I ordered a “stand in ring” for sleeping/showering what not and it arrived yesterday. I lovvvveeee it! Its just a 2mm tungsten band, exactly the same as his wedding band just skinnier. Its perfect, the best part is i got it on ebay for 2.19!!!! I love good deals! πŸ™‚

@karenlinebarger:  Yayyyy im so glad! Its amazing!!!! Yesterday was the first over cast day and it wasnt as sparkly πŸ™ Still gorgeous tho! I know, i know, stay away lol Im just procrastinating as long as possible. I think the “as long as possible point” was passed like 4 months ago hahaha 

But for the vegan stuff, i really do feel bad not offering non vegan food and if i was vegan for the health benefits i would deff have non vegan food. I’m vegan for the moral reason (i understand why other people arent, its their lives and their choices so i dont hold it against them or anything silly like that) I just know i would rather go to the court house and not have a reception than support the animal product industry. Im thinking maybe something like spaghetti and salad since a lot of people like that even if theyre not vegan ya know? πŸ™‚ If we like rent out a resteraunt thats one thing but i wont hire someone to bring animals to us. Either way ill deff put on the invitations that its vegan and if people have any issues/concerns with that they can contact me and we’ll try to work something out πŸ™‚ 

Yes agreed! Everyone keeps saying the wedding is for the guests, you have to please them.. Which i love making other people happy more than anything, dont get me wrong, but i will not give up my ethics to please someone else. I really do hope they enjoy it but not at the cost of my beliefs. Eh i hope that doesnt sound selfish or anything!!!! No matter what, im sooo excited/happy to be marrying the love of my life!!! I cant wait for him to wear his ring!!!!!!:) 

Post # 215
211 posts
Helper bee

I cant decide if i should get it resized!!!! Mother-In-Law says she knows people who will get it done before our wedding but i just cant decide if i need it :-/ No more than .25 down for sure. Its not loose, i still have to pull a get to get it off its just not super tight ya know? What do you think?:)

Post # 216
394 posts
Helper bee

@couldntbeehappier:  hmmm thats a tough one…honestly i would go to the jewelry store & see if they have something with that .25 difference you can try on that has the same mm width as the band…if you have to really wiggle it over your knuckles it would be awful if you couldnt get it off…

my friend got her ring a bit too small and then one day she couldnt even get it off…she ended up getting spacers so she could take it off and on more easily.

if its comfortable around the bottom where it actually sits but is hard to get over your knuckles thats probably fine..and as long as its not crazy spinning…

what does your gut instinct say? remember in the summer time your finger will swell more where in the winter time it will shrink (i think i got that right?? or its the opposite)

Post # 217
211 posts
Helper bee

@karenlinebarger:  I really dont know :-/ I think it says get it sized. Just because im so afraid to loose it! But i can just wear the snuggie :-/ This is hard! lol My twin sis says her ring fits the same as mine does and never fell off. Mother-In-Law says it needs sized tho. Maybe ill leave the snuggie off for awhile and see how it goes:) Thank you!!!!

Post # 218
394 posts
Helper bee

@couldntbeehappier:  of course lady πŸ˜‰ i think listen to your gut more…i know your Mother-In-Law has lots to say about all this & she definitely seems more “traditional” so her views might not necessarily be yours ya know?

i don’t know if youve mentioned this or not..and my apologies if this is a sensitive subject, but where are your parents in all of this? i haven’t heard you mention your mom at all i dont think?

Post # 219
211 posts
Helper bee

@karenlinebarger:  Agreed! Im going to wear the snuggie for now and see how it goes, im going to wait to get it sized until i see how the warmer weather treats me πŸ™‚ Its almost cold enough to snow today!!! Crazy!!!!! On the plus side im going dress shopping today at 5:) This is the dress i’ve picked out from the website http://jackiesbridal.com/view_details.php?ID=611

I hope i like it on!!!

But oh no, its not sensitive:) My parents (divorced) don’t have extra money to help with a wedding. Even if they tried to help i would never accept it from them. Id rather go to the court house then have them struggle more so I can have a wedding ya know? My little sister and my mom are coming dress shopping today with me and Future Mother-In-Law today:) It is weird that i havent mentioned them! lol I’m actually very very close with my family, they’re all so excited for us! I cant remember if i mentioned that i have an identical twin sister and shes actually in Japan right now with her husband. (he’s a marine and got based over there for the next few years) So this whole process kinda bums me out knowing she can’t be here doing all of this stuff with me :-/ We’re going to skype while i try on dresses tho, so that’ll help πŸ™‚

Post # 220
211 posts
Helper bee

Girls!!!! I got a dress!!!! This is getting real πŸ™‚ I don’t remember what it’s made of and the little details but it has a sweetheart neckline with a rhinestone belt thing, a train and all down the back it has alternating buttons/rhinestones! I go to get it fitted Tuesday so ill get more pics to show you! oh real quick I have to add that when I was trying to other dresses in I was kind of just like… Yeah these are pretty, it doesn’t matter. But the second I saw this one my face lit up, I did this silly like jumping up and down thing I do when im super excited and I said I’m done! This is it!!!!! Ps it has pockets!!!!! How awesome is that?!?!?! Here it is!!! 

Post # 222
211 posts
Helper bee

Dont mind the goofy face, she just pointed out the buttons and i was looking at them!:)

Post # 224
211 posts
Helper bee

@20madi09:  Thank you!!:) I seriously love it! The owner’s son if really good friends with SO and his family so she came in yesterday for a private fitting and it was so much fun! πŸ™‚ Now i have to find my something old, somthing new, something borrowed, something blue!

Yes i agree!! Last night i fell asleep on the couch with my ring on for 30 mins or so and when i woke up i could notttt get it off! (This is with the ring huggie) I had to pull at it for like 5 minutes, it hurt sooo bad! Im going to take the ring huggie off and just wear it as it for awhile before making any decisions. Its deff loose enough that it spins all over the place and i barely have to pull at all to get it off, but i dont want to risk getting it resized and it being like it was last night! My stand in ring is a size 5 and i’ve been wearing that a lot and it fits perfectly. I’ll just wait and see πŸ™‚

Today we’re getting the keys to our house, starting to move in, getting invites and possibly sending them, returning shoes and looking for new ones, looking for a tie for Fiance and getting him shoes, go to the mall for a few odds and ends and pay some bills. Busy, busy busy! Enjoy your time before planning starts because girls, this is crazy! lol 

Post # 225
394 posts
Helper bee

@couldntbeehappier:  omg i am just now getting caught up on all the dress activity!!! you look gorgeous!!! and pockets!! – BONUS!!! you are tooo cute!! i am soooo excited for you!! so much happening for you & so quickly!!

i cant believe you have a twin! one of my friends is also a twin..thats is crazy!!

i think you need like an awesome statement necklace or a classic pearl necklace for that dress….and how are you gonna do your hair!?! i mean all the little details!! ahhhhh soooo exciting!!!

i LOOOOVE wedding planning!! so much fun!!! who is gonna marry you guys too!?!?

The topic ‘WED 560 or ENG 192 looking for NEW real life pics!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors