(Closed) Wed438a, anyone? Moissaniteco Cushion Halo Wedding Set- Help me Decide!

posted 5 years ago in Rings
  • poll: What size stone should I get?
    1.4 carat (6.5mm) : (11 votes)
    38 %
    1.8 carat (7mm) : (18 votes)
    62 %
  • Post # 3
    272 posts
    Helper bee
    • Wedding: September 2013

Ooh, pretty. 🙂

This isn’t exactly your set, but maybe it’ll help. I have wed433 – another cushion halo, but the wedding band slips underneath the engagement ring.

Here is a 1.4 on my hand – ring size 5.75:

I’m also 5’10 and tried to rock the big stone, but personally, this was too big for me. I ended up exchanging it for the same ring with an Amora at 1.1ct:

Honestly I’d be happy with the .85 but it’s too late now! I think it’s really a personal choice, but I imagine you’ll get a lot more comments about the 1.8 versus the 1.4.

Post # 4
    3625 posts
    Sugar bee
    • Wedding: June 2012

I have a size 4.75/5 finger and I have a 1.06 carat cushion cut diamond in a micropave halo and I think it’s pretty proportional but still sparkly and eyecatching. Since you are much taller than me and your ring size is quite a bit bigger, I think you should go with the 1.8. I don’t think it will look too big or like costume jewelry at all.

Post # 6
    272 posts
    Helper bee

@bridget345:  I definitely prefer the enhanced moissy. Especially in the 1.4, I noticed a big difference between regular moissy and Amora. From the top, both are pretty white, but from the side – and my halo setting has a wide-open view of the side of the stone – the regular was much more yellow. 

Post # 8
    272 posts
    Helper bee

@bridget345:  Woohoo! Definitely post pics, I’d love to see!

Post # 9
    8154 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: March 2014 - A castle

I just ordered a 1.4 ct with a double halo.  I think if you are getting the wedding set with the band that makes it appear as a double halo then you’ll probably want to get a 1.4 ct.  It really depends on where you live and if you’ll be trying to pass the stone as diamond or not.  I live in the midwest so I want something blingy but I don’t want to make local people judge me either…

My advice is to ask MoCo for the overall dimensions of the ring with the band, then bust out the ruler and see how much of your finger it will actually take up.  I wear a size 7 ring, but I’ve got shorter fingers (I’m 5’3″ tall…I don’t know if that has anything to do with it LOL).  Maybe use a pen or a marker to draw the dimensions of the 2 different rings on your ring fingers?

Post # 9
    8154 posts
    Bumble Beekeeper
    • Wedding: March 2014 - A castle

I just ordered a 1.4 ct with a double halo.  I think if you are getting the wedding set with the band that makes it appear as a double halo then you’ll probably want to get a 1.4 ct.  It really depends on where you live and if you’ll be trying to pass the stone as diamond or not.  I live in the midwest so I want something blingy but I don’t want to make local people judge me either…

My advice is to ask MoCo for the overall dimensions of the ring with the band, then bust out the ruler and see how much of your finger it will actually take up.  I wear a size 7 ring, but I’ve got shorter fingers (I’m 5’3″ tall…I don’t know if that has anything to do with it LOL).  Maybe use a pen or a marker to draw the dimensions of the 2 different rings on your ring fingers?

Post # 11
    1663 posts
    Bumble bee

Good choice!  I have a 1.8 (not in a halo) but my ring size is a 6 or 6.5… I think this is going ot be stunning on you.  Post pics!!!

The topic ‘Wed438a, anyone? Moissaniteco Cushion Halo Wedding Set- Help me Decide!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors