- 6 years ago
- Wedding: October 2012
Bees, I’m not really sure what I’m looking for, but I need to vent! We have kept this all very quiet because it could all still fall through.
The beginning of last month, I started a new full time job after graduating from college the month before. My Fiance also got an email that we thought was spam, but decided to pursue anyway. It turned out to be a real opportunity!
LinkedIn approached him about working for them. We laughed about how crazy it would be, but never thought it was a real possibility. He passed the first phone interview. Then he passed the phone tech interview. He then had an interview where he was on the phone while two of their top web developers watched him code in live time. We were sure he had bombed that one and we were trying to convince ourselves that there was no reason to be bummed. We never thought he’d make it that far, and he had not been the one to go after them.
Now, with the wedding less than a month away, he is being flown out to Silicon Valley in California next Monday for the final interview!!!!! We are beyond ecstatic! However, we are also supposed to sign a lease for a new apartment here that Wednesday (In a week and a half!). We’re calling tomorrow to push the lease signing back a couple days, hoping we’ll hear back before we sign it.
If we get it, this means we’ll have to go ahead and have all of our stuff shipped out and live out of suitcases in an efficiency hotel room until the wedding (my folks live an hour away, so we can’t stay with them, and his folks live in San Diego). I’ll fly out first to find us an apartment, because my work will need less notice (two weeks) than his (until his open jobs are finished). I’ll probably end up flying out the beginning of the week of the wedding to find us a new place to live! We currently live in NC, so the only way it could be further is to move out of the country! Craziness!
I’m really excited about this possibility! 200 million people will see his work, the money will be much better, and do we even need to talk about the weather?! But this also means that I have two weeks to finish all of my wedding things (realistically, I don’t have a whole lot left), but also to pack (we ARE moving one way or another).
Do any of you ladies have any advice on moving cross-country? And doing it with your wedding smack-dab in the middle of everything?!
Thanks for listening!