(Closed) Wedding 2009 Hudson Valley

posted 10 years ago in New York – Hudson Valley, New York
Post # 3
619 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: August 2010

Well it’s a bit further, but I’m looking at Audrey’s Farm House in Wallkill, NY: http://www.audreysfarmhouse.com/ I haven’t been able to check it out though bc I live in Spain. Good luck!

Post # 4
50 posts
Worker bee

Hi mdruc – do you have a favorite so far?

Post # 6
6 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 1969

I am also looking for something similiar! I went to the Tarrytown house, tappan hill, Feast @ Round hill, Whitby Castle, Castle on the Hudson. I also looked at Monteverde but didn’t have an official tour…..but it looks really nice…a bit far..but the feel is modern. There is a power plant facility in the distance..don’t know if that would bother you…i know it bothered a friend of mine who didn’t choose it…I didn’t notice it too much (however i did go when it was raining..don’t know on a sunny day)… I don’t know anyone who has a wedding there…but my fiance’s cousin went there for dinner and she said it was nice. 

Post # 7
2 posts
Wannabee

hi- we are actually getting married at monteverde in september of 09. the facility is beautiful, especially on a sunny day! the food is really good and the setting is really spectacular- but there are a lot of ‘hidden fees’ that we were not told about when we signed the contract. There is a power plant in the distance, but we didnt even notice it until it was pointed out to us. We looked at similar places- loved the garrison, but didnt go with it as we felt it might have been to small. I loved Cat Rock as well and really wanted to have our wedding there- but if it rained i dont know how that would work. Good luck!

Post # 8
26 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2009

We just went for an overnight site visit at the Tarrytown House….  It was TERRIBLE!  I would not recommend it for anyone!  The site itself was absolutely gorgeous!  The food was mediocre.  The wedding planner on site was just rude! 

Post # 9
21 posts
Newbee

also interested in monteverde at oldstone. i’ve checked out cat rock, boscobel, tappan hill and wave hill (bronx).

i thought tappan hill’s ceremony site was not very nice and the dining room seemed very blah. 

cat rock is beautiful, boscobel equally so (though a wider area).

if anyone has been to monteverde please let me know! 

Post # 10
1 posts
Wannabee

I’m getting married at Monteverde this summer. The view is spectacular and the facilites are very well kept and sytlish, however the special event staff leaves much to be desired, as they really don’t have thier act together at all. It’s like dealing with teenagers.

I’ve been up to dinner a few times, the food ranges from downright amazing to meh. They changed chefs last October/November, so the menu for the restaurant and the weddings has changed somewhat, now there are extra $$ for certain dishes, so make sure you ask lots and lots of questions before you sign. On the good side, they certainly are more affordable than Blue Hill or other really lovely places in the area, and from what I’ve read on other message boards like Chow, they do pull off a really lovely event in the end.  

Post # 11
1 posts
Wannabee

Hi, we are thinking about booking Monteverde for May or June of 2010, but we are worried about the rain option.  Anyone have a wedding there when in rained?  How was having the ceremony and cocktail hour indoors?  Thanks!

Post # 12
5 posts
Newbee

I was a bridesmaid this past June in a wedding at Tappan Hill.  Everything about the location was wonderful – the ceremony took place in the garden and the reception was inside.  The food was outstanding, and the wedding planner was excellent!  Nothing but praise for this location…

Post # 14
1 posts
Wannabee

My beautiful bride and I just got married this part Saturday. But before we made the giant leap, we checked out a NUMBER of places in the Hudson Valley are. Everywhere from West Point to further north like Belvedere Mansion in Rhinebeck. Money wasn’t an object as her father was extremely generous with us. But we wanted some place that was beautiful for a fall wedding AND reliable, ie ~ the vendors/owners were trustworthy and above all else, good!

Belvedere Mansion looks great online. And the grounds are quite pretty. But inside the mansion, it looks like it could use some fine tuning here and there. And Nick, the proprietor was not great to deal with. He made a slew of promises that he went back on at the time of the contract. When I inquired about the changes, he became short-tempered and rude on the phone. I assumed he booked a bigger party that day and wanted to be rid of me. He was. We walked.

On a whim, we came across Osborn Castle and I will say…    the place sells itself on views alone. Its gorgeous. And ultimately, where we decided to get married. The house is beautiful. The lawns are immaculate. The place is top notch!!!  However, if you do decide to get married there, bring your checkbook. Its $10,000 just to use the grounds. You then have to find all other vendors yourself. And as for help from the staff, you’d be better off hiring a wedding coordinator. They aren’t always on the same page and sometimes, whats said in one phone call is not the same thing said a week or two later. We found out the night of that the dj could no longer speak after 10pm and all bass had to be turned off (noise ordinance). Not a big deal. And we still had a great time. I recommend Osborn Castle, but I also recommend a wedding coordinator to save you the headaches.

Post # 16
2 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: May 2011

@CaitlinRivera:

Congrats!  I am planning a 2011 wedding and would love your opinion on the rhinecliff hotel. I am from the area and it seems lovely. Any help would be great.

Caroline ([email protected])

The topic ‘Wedding 2009 Hudson Valley’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors