Post # 1
Anyone on here ever gotten married at the Gran Bahia Bavara in Punta Cana? I am getting married there in the spring and would love any tips, to dos, to not dos..
Also, the wedding co ordinater wants me to fax a copy of a picture of my credit card? I am somewhat uncomfortable with this…any thoughts??
Post # 3
Hmmm i’ve never heard of thqat. Maybe try the wedsite Bestdestinationwedding. They have threads for each resort that has wedding services. Good luck!
Post # 4
i agree about bestdestinationwedding.com i am on there too and its a great site for planning! my resort in Jamaica also asked for a copy of my credit and i sent it. i didnt see the issue since you are otherwise sending all the numbers on it anyway. nothing bad happened.
Post # 5
I got married there and yes it is normal for them to ask for a copy of your credit card, passports, drivers license, etc. And great choice in the resort! If there are no kids with you then you have the option of upgrading to the Ambar when you get there for I think it was $20 a day… Just gives you access to all 3 of the attached resorts, closer to the beach, better liquor, etc.
Tips for you-
1) get married in the wedding gazebo… The beach is always super packed and do you really want some old man in a banana hammock in all your wedding pictures!
2) For the supper slurge and get an outdoor area. I recommend the Piscis private area
Post # 6
3) Don’t get the DJ! Our guy started packing up and leaving at 9:30 and we had the place rented until 12:30… Just make sure someone has a ipod dock and good songs on their iphone/ipod and you are set!
4) The wedding only goes until 10:30… if you want to keep it open longer you have to pay for the open bar… For example, 2 hours open bar= close at 12:30. I think 1 hour is good though… then everyone can head to the disco! 🙂
5) Pick out your songs to walk up and down the isle to beforehand… forgot to do this and was stumped when the wedding coordinator asked me.
6) The ladies at the hair salon are very slow and not that experienced. If you have alot of BM’s book SUPER early… there was only 2 people for 7 of us!
If you want any pics of the areas or anything inbox me your personal email. I don’t mind… I know how frustrating it is planning a wedding in a place where you cant even see stuff!
Post # 7