(Closed) wedding at home- open bar insurance question

posted 7 years ago in Food
Post # 3
916 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

If you put the planters right next to the bar, will your caterer still consider it self-service? That way you are still getting the look, but the bartenders can be monitoring it.  I think this could make it easier anyways, especially if your beer bottles aren’t twist off…bottle openers can wander off quickly at parties, and the bartenders can take care of it.  I agree with your insurance guy, you want to keep as much liability with the caterer as possible.

Another thing to keep in mind–would you be waiving all of your caterer’s liability, or just for alcohol? You would want her to still be considered liable if someone gets food poisoning, for instance.  (I’m not an insurance expert, and don’t entirely know how this stuff all works, but those are just my first reactions)

Post # 4
46328 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: November 1999

You really only have two choices:

– if you want your self -serve vision  and wine on the table, get your own insurance that will cover food and alcohol

– if you don’t want to pay for the extra insurance, change your vision.

I would definitely ask the caterer for a copy of her policy, and have my insurance person look it over to see what they recommend.

The topic ‘wedding at home- open bar insurance question’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors