- 7 years ago
- Wedding: July 2012
I guess I’m still quite a ways out from really needing to make this decision, but lately I’ve been thinking a lot about my future wedding band. I’m torn between the band that is meant to go with my ring, and a custom band based on this amazing bezel eternity ring I’m obsessed with.
This is what my e-ring looks like:
Here‘s the matching band (it would be made in rose gold, like my e-ring):
– I already know what it will look like — the shank of my e-ring, which I love and is very dainty and pretty.
– It is very thin, the exact same width as my e-ring (about 1.5 mm), so it definitely wouldn’t take away from the e-ring. It would just blend in and look very classy.
– I just don’t know that I’m a very matchy-matchy kinda girl. I like unique things. Maybe such an important ring should reflect that.
Here is this amazing band I fell in love with, that if I chose it would actually be recreated (similarly, but not exactly) by an Etsy seller who I’ve already contacted and is willing to do it. Sorry, Leon Mege, I don’t feel like shelling out $7,500 for a wedding band.
It would also be made in rose gold, to match my e-ring, and would have antique old mine cut stones in it.
– So unique. It’s very much my style.
– It still “matches” in that it will be rose gold, and the stones will be slightly cushion-shaped, matching my cushion center stone.
– I seriously found a parcel of antique OMCs on ebay in the exact size and I’m pretty sure the exact amount that I would need. They’re amazing. Is this a sign?!
– The band would be about twice the thickness of the shank of my e-ring, at least 3 mm. I’ve seen sets where the wedding band is bigger and I do like that look, but it could potentially take the focus away from my e-ring/center stone, since I don’t have a massive rock that it couldn’t compete with.
– There’s a chance the rose gold won’t be the exact same shade, and there’s a chance that could bug me.
So, what do you guys think? What are your thoughts on matching vs. not, when it comes to wedding sets? And what would be your pick for mine?