(Closed) Wedding Budget for 100 Guests

posted 9 years ago in Money
Post # 3
778 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: March 2009

you can plan a wedding for almost any budget, the question is what kind of wedding do you want to have?  Black-tie will make it much more difficult for that budget, but a much more relaxed set up may be easier to pull off.

What kind of wedding do you envision for you and your FH?

Post # 4
2204 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2009

I think you can do it!  We’re doing about $13,00 in the Chicago Suburbs!

You’ll have to be willing to make a few sacrifices, but I think it’s totally doable!  I’m having the wedding of my dreams for the most part, and staying within budget!

Help us out with more details–what are you looking to do with $10000?  (ie. videography?  bc that’s probably not in budget!)

The best thing to remember is you can have a beautiful wedding with $1000 if that’s what you want and what you have to work with!

Post # 6
58 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: October 2009

You’re lucky that your area isn’t new york,miami, the bay area. Otherwise you’d be having cocktails and just ordourvs! Considering your location, you can have whatever you want if you consider other locations besides a hotel. You can have steak and lobster if you chose at a banquet space that allows you to bring your own caterer, and do your own beverages, and hiring a bartender to serve and mix the drinks. You can even hire a design company to make it the exact look you are going for without breaking the bank. When you have more freedom to choose your vendors, you have the control to make it the vision you have always dreamed.

Just a suggestion!

Post # 7
2344 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: June 2010

One way to save money if you don’t mind cutting back on flowers is just having flowers for wedding party and family (corsages, boutineers, bouquets, etc) and doing something creative & inexpensive for centerpieces instead of flowers. There’s lots of inspiration pictures on here, but one pretty inexpensive and elegant-looking centerpiece you could do is different height candles on a mirror or a plate charger with silk rose petals scattered around it. You can get candles, chargers, mirrors, etc at places like Big Lots for pretty cheap if you look for sales.

Doing things like DIYing centerpieces will free up more money for catering, a good photographer, DJ, etc. While I don’t know what prices are like where you live, I do know that its pretty hard to keep a wedding under $10,000 without prioritizing what you and your fiance want most, and what you can cut back on. You already said videographer, but maybe you could have a friend with great music taste "DJ" with an iPod and rented sound system? Start thinking about what you don’t mind sacrificing on a little bit – that’s the best way to work with a smaller budget.

Post # 8
984 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: April 2010

We’re in Ohio and it’s looking to come in just under $8,000. We aren’t having a videographer but having a friend video tape the ceremony. We don’t really need video from the reception but will probably have someone tape certain bits and pieces. Our wedding is very laid back tho, ceremony is in a renovated Opera House, reception in a hall where we had our first date, caterer is soem great BBQ. We just searched for great deals and made it happen. Any budget is possible, it just depends on how you want your wedding to be.

Post # 9
1044 posts
Bumble bee

I am having a wedding on Sunday morning, which is half the cost of a Saturday wedding.  Although it starts earlier in the morning than I would have liked it to, when it comes down to cost I will be saving A LOT of money.

Post # 10
80 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: July 2010

Hi!  I’m in South Bend, Indiana, and we’re hoping to come in just under $12,000.00 for 100 guests.

Post # 11
7052 posts
Busy Beekeeper
  • Wedding: July 2010

My coworker also had his last sunday and saved quite alot!  Plus it was over a holiday weekend and nobody really noticed it was a sunday!

you can not even cut corners if you choose an off day btw!  Like thurs, fri, or sunday! 

Post # 12
14 posts
Newbee

We started off with a $13,000 budget for a Sunday wedding…but now going on $17,000 in SF bay Area.

Post # 13
21 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: September 2009

We started off with a 10k budget for a Sunday wedding in the bay area and we’re going to end up spending around 12k for 110 guests.

Most of our money went towards the venue and catering. We cut costs on other places like diy our invitations, guestbook, flowers, dessert buffet instead of a cake. I bought my dress on sale at JCREW, he bougt his suit on sale at Zara’s.

So I think your budget is doable! Good luck!!

Post # 14
349 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: September 2009

You can definitely do that for $10,000 for 100 people!

Some suggestions:

1. iPod wedding. That’s what we’re doing. Because your wedding is so small, a DJ isn’t necessary to keep the flow. Just have one trusted person be in charge. For us, that was our wedding coordinator.

2. If you’re not thrilled with flowers, don’t have them in your centerpieces. There are so many other ways to have amazing centerpieces that don’t include flowers. We’re using candles and branches in a vase. I’m also very fond of the birdcage/candle idea.

Hope that helps! Those two things helped us a TON when it came to cutting costs for our wedding.

Post # 15
452 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: October 2010

i think it’s possible….look around…thre’s lots of ideas to cut down on costs. your biggest will be the venue/food/beverages/rentals.

Post # 16
80 posts
Worker bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

10,000 in MI is more than doable for 100. We’re having ours in NW Indiana for 100-150 people and looking to do it for 5,000, 7,000 at the most for a desert wedding. If you’re looking for a cheap photographer in the MI area let me know. I am still working on building up my portfolio so I would be happy to photograph your wedding for a substantially reduced rate in comparison to other photographers in the area.

The topic ‘Wedding Budget for 100 Guests’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors