(Closed) Wedding budget of £2,000 and in London. Recommendations please!!!

posted 5 years ago in Venue
Post # 2
531 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: December 2016

How many guests are you having? I think its possible on your budget but only if you have a super small guest list

Post # 4
531 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
stephanie30:  Based on 30 that would allow £66 per guest – not taking into account cake, dress, suits, transport, entertainment, favours, regristar fees etc. 

I think you’d really need to think out of the box, do a lot of DIY, and be willing to skip tradition. What about afternoon tea instead of a meal? Would be much cheaper and a bit different.

Post # 6
531 posts
Busy bee

View original reply
stephanie30:  possibly a buffet but they can be pricey depending on venue. London has so many querky venues you could have an amazing day. 

Post # 7
3567 posts
Sugar bee
  • Wedding: June 2016

I don’t know how it works in Europe, but in the U.S. it is around $50 to rent an area of a park, or a pavillion by a lake. They’re run by the local government and you reserve through the parks and rec department. Some cities are different than others. Some parks even have venues you can rent. It’s so cheap because it’s public, not privately owned.

Also, venues are much cheaper in the mornings! Brunch weddings are very fun and stylish. So easy to pair with a buffet.

Post # 8
5 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: February 2013

Check out the Vincent Rooms in Westminster. It’s a catering college that holds unbelievable priced events. So you get incredible food, but it’s cooked and served by people in training (supervised) hence the discount. I think they quoted 5000moor 100 people so Defo doable

Post # 11
1464 posts
Bumble bee

I am also a small budget London bride. I’ve tried almost everything I can to get the costs under £6k and it’s near impossible. That Prince Albert pub in Camden is great, but it’s £3k minimum spend so you’ll have blown the budget straight away. 

One place i did really like was Bumpkin in Chelsea (specifically the Secret Garden area). It’s minimum spend only £2k. The only reason we didnt choose it is because they dont allow you to have a proper party – only dinner and drinks reception. It’s so so pretty though. 

Post # 12
2221 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: February 2016

I know you said you would prefer a less traditional wedding but there are number of packages out there which can give you a traditional wedding. We’re going with a package and whilst it’s probably more traditional than I would’ve liked it’s been super easy. I’m struggling to find any in London, so you might have to travel to Kent or Surrey? But check out holiday inn, Britannia hotel, meet inns and possibly old English inns £1000 wedding package. Quite a few of the national budget hotels have packages, ours is with a best western and it’s got some nice gardens to take loads of photos. The packages don’t always include the ceremony but you’ll probably be cheaper to look at getting married at a registry office and then travelling to your reception (if you get married at a location you have to pay for the registrar to come to you and that can add a bit more money).

As someone else mentioned, look at less traditional venues. Sometimes some of the smaller art galleries have small function rooms you could use. You could also look at community buildings, social clubs etc. For catering you can look at a hog roast, many of these can come with packages for mobile bars.

For your dress, it depends on what you want. You get can tea length vintage style dresses online quite cheaply. You can also look at sales in bridal shops (particularly if you’re pretty even on your clothes size – so your top half isn’t a different dress size than your bottom half, as this need less alterations. Also have a look at bridal outlet places, I know there is one in Milton Keynes so you might have to make a bit of a day of it as its a bit of a journey.

For your SO, if he’s buying a suit. Next usually have a number of suits for £99 and you can get cravats and waistcoats (if you want obviously) on eBay. My partner wanted a posher suit so he’s renting tails from Moss bros for £104. Consider whether you want bridesmaids etc. If you do, they might have to pay for their own outfits but look at debenhams in the sales and you should get some nice things.

As for a photographer, the cheapest one would be to ask a talented friend to do some photos for you. If that’s not an option, consider hiring a photographer for a half day (about four hours, so you would probably have to get rid of photos of you getting ready and do a “mock” cake cutting, again if you go for those things). Ask for the memory stick and choose to make your album at a later stage. You can also just rely on everyone’s collective picture taking and use a site like WedPics.

For Your wedding rings, again I’d recommend going to a national chain (H Samuel/Ernest Jones) as they often having wedding events where you can get a discount on wedding rings. They have these events around Valentine’s Day, just before Christmas and in the summer sometime from memory. I think we saved about 10% on our rings.

Hope that helps.

Post # 13
24 posts
Newbee
  • Wedding: December 2015

Coopers Arms, Chelsea and The Chelsea Town Hall? Coopers Arms will do a package for 40 for £2,500 and a wedding at the Town Hall (3 mins walk) is about £500 for the Bryden room.

You won’t find a registered wedding venue who will do a ceremony on site in your budget, you will need to look at a registry or church wedding.

Post # 14
2221 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: February 2016

I forgot to say, get married Monday to Thursday. That’ll save tonnes. It’s hard to believe I forgot to say anything but there we go.

Post # 15
645 posts
Busy bee

If that’s your budget for just the venue, then Pembroke Lodge (in the grounds of Richmond Park) might be an option – http://www.pembroke-lodge.co.uk/weddings/the-belvedere/hire-fees

If that’s the budget for the whole wedding, London is going to be tricky.  You might be better off looking for “private dining” venues if it does have to be London, alternatively search for village or church halls for hire in the surrounding counties.

One thing I will say is that it is MUCH cheaper to get married in the register office and then go onto a venue than it is to have it all in the same place – most registrars charge around £400 extra to do the ceremony other than at the register office.

The topic ‘Wedding budget of £2,000 and in London. Recommendations please!!!’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors