Wedding Cake help! 6″ 8″ 10″ for 100 people?

posted 6 years ago in Food
Post # 3
Hostess
23602 posts
Honey Beekeeper
  • Wedding: September 2011

It’s small, but it’s not unreasonable.  We had 150 guests, and our cake lady suggested a 6-8-10 plus quarter sheet cake.  So I think you’re okay!  I wouldn’t worry about it.  I understand your concern with the cake being small for a grand venue – maybe you can play with some additional decorations on your cake table?  Or get a special stand to add height to your cake?

Post # 4
2053 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

@nicolemoon22:  I think that is about right. Our cake was that size and we had just under 100 people attend. Not everyone will have cake. If you’re worried about the size not being enough, consider if they will make you a 1/2 or 1/4 sheet cake with all the same flavors of the wedding cake without adding size/cost of more to decorate to the actual wedding cake. They can cut up the sheet cake in the back and no one will know it came from that and not the wedding cake itself.

Post # 5
2053 posts
Buzzing bee

@pengoala:  Ha! Nice to see ya here. Great minds think alike! 🙂

Post # 6
3375 posts
Sugar bee

We did a 6/8/10 for 80 people and we had a lot of cake left over. We also saved the top tier, so if you’re ready to sacrifice the top tier, you’d be fine. I remember reading that that size cake served 125?

Post # 7
1061 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: December 2011

That is about right in terms of the amount of cake you need to feed that many people.  We had the same size for 125.

Now, if you want a larger cake, could you have them add a 4th layer of styrofoam for appearance sake?

Post # 9
1465 posts
Bumble bee
  • Wedding: October 2012

That’s standard size. Wedding cakes are cut into very tiny slices and if you want something else, you need to be very clear about it. To some people, that’s way too small and others feel it’s way too much cake. If you feel that it’s not enough, then order a bigger cake and tell them you want birthday cake size slices instead, which is what most people are used to eating when they think about cake.

Post # 10
1 posts
Wannabee
  • Wedding: September 2013

Hi…I have to make a birthday cake for 190 people but there’s also other 2 desserts apart from the cake…what size cake should I bake???please help..

Leave a comment

Find Amazing Vendors