Post # 1
I’m going to list somethings things have been going on with my wedding lately and I do apologize if its unclear or long but I have to vent somehow because the stress is becoming to much for me….
1. I have had to change my date already because of my brothers Graduation. This kinda threw me off because I wanted a Spring wedding( 5-12-12) but now only summer dates are open.
2. Bridesmaid issues – I had to let go of a bridesmaid already and I then was left with 4 , recently my fiance’s sister let me know that my new date (6-24-12) is the same day as her fiance’s family reunion and they have not decided which they will attend. On top of it all my maid of honor/best friend let me know today that she is in another wedding this day and ” she was asked by this friend 1st ” …Now that would leave me with 2 and these friends are great, but financially they struggle and have yet to pay for their dresses ( Should I change my date again?)
3.People and their opinions – Me and my fiance have been together for two years. He is 36 and I’m 27 . Family and friends have been saying he is too old for me . They say i shouldn’t marry him because he smokes ( Mary Jane that is ) . They say I haven’t spent enough time alone in my life …and the list goes on…
I love my fiance and he loves me ! He is a sweet, hard working ,and God fearing … I want to be his wife and start my family with him . I can admit I do put too much value on what other have to say,I have always had this problem but sometimes I think because they are family and close friends maybe they have a point that I just don’t see … and all of the wedding issues are not helping these road blocks are making me feel like its some type of omen … any advice or encouraging words will be helpful sorry for the long post …
Post # 3
1. Would it give you more stress or less stress to change the date?
2. There’s nothing wrong with only having 2 bridesmaids. Can you find a cheaper dress, or maybe help them out with buying them?
3. Although I do think what parents say about your intended means a lot and should be thought about deeply (at least, in my case. But I have amazing parents who have a great relationship with each other and with me. Every case is different, however), I see nothing that makes me think you’re unsure about this, so those opinions will have to just be pushed past. I got a few of the “age difference” ones when we first started dating (9 years), but it was over soon.
Post # 4
sorry to hear about all that stress! 🙁 Do you feel like your best friend/moh absolutely needs to be there for your big day? If so, Id change it. Otherwise, like the pp said enjoy the other 2 girls who can be there! For me, I have to have my moh there so I would do whatever I could to get her there 🙂
Post # 5
@leafgum: Thanks for the advice I will try to find cheaper dresses that will work for both ladies .
As for opinions these comments are not even coming from my parents they love him and have already started calling him Son…lol
Post # 6
i answered your post in the month twin section .
Post # 7
@Jamersss: I agree with you it has been heartbreaking to think of my wedding without my best friend , but honestly I have been questioning our friendship since this whole thing got started . She has been acting very strange , so I will have a talk with her and then make my decision
Post # 8
I think your friends have problems if your own family and Maid/Matron of Honor would rather attend other events than your own.