(Closed) wedding colors for feb 2012

posted 7 years ago in 20 Something
Post # 3
405 posts
Helper bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

Red and black is a nice combantaion for evening weddings, even red and white look good together.

Post # 4
972 posts
Busy bee
  • Wedding: November 2012

blck and white with red accents, like the brides bouquet. so classic.

Post # 5
113 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: October 2011

Red and black are nice… is she planning on wearing a diamond whitish, or ivory? Since it’s a february wedding and red is traditionally a ‘Valentine’ color, maybe she can make red her main selection, and do black and white accents- like red shoes for her, black shoes for thebridesmaids with white/reds in flowers and black ribbons around the bouquet, etc. It’s a fun and popular color combo, and would be different from other February weddings. 

Post # 8
2442 posts
Buzzing bee
  • Wedding: April 2011

I really like the red and champaigne idea.  I also like red and gray or red and purple. Red and black are fine, but very common.  I suggest you pair red with something less common than black.

Post # 9
3978 posts
Honey bee
  • Wedding: May 2011

Red and yellow are both really strong colors! It could be good but you’ll have to be very careful that it doesn’t become too….football team….you know what I mean.

She could use red and yellow sunflowers! They are so striking.

Yellow is really popular now, how about yellow bridemais with red sunflower bouquets?

Red and black is a very harsh combination. Going for gray or navy blue for your guys and other neutrals would look softer.

Again, I’d just be careful with that combo. It is doable, but it has the whole “red on yellow kill the fellow, red on black venom lack” thing going on for it….lol

Post # 11
135 posts
Blushing bee
  • Wedding: February 2012

I love the look of Red and Purple – It must be this fall’s fashion colors too because I’ve seen it in many storefront windows at the mall – like Express, especially! I love the purple especially since it’s february’s gemstone. You could hints of lavender and pink to lighten up the decor and make your main colors pop, too. Just type in “purple red wedding” in google images, and you will get limitless (and gorgeous) results!

The topic ‘wedding colors for feb 2012’ is closed to new replies.

Find Amazing Vendors