Post # 1
I am helping a biz-school friend with a wedding-related data collection project. She is looking for a wide sampling of the costs of day-of wedding planners, specifically located in the NY metropolitan area (NY, NJ, CT…but feel free to list your nationwide costs as well, just note specifically where you and the planner were/are).
So thanks in advance for listing your:
3. What was included in your Day-of-coordination package.
4. Recommended in hindsight (if wedding is in the past)?
Post # 3
1. Big Indian, NY (about 90 miles north of NYC- but my DoC works in NYC as well)
3. A site visit 6 weeks in advance of the wedding, running the rehearsal the night before, the DoC with her assistant for the day of (they stayed through dinner), her travel and lodging also included in the cost. They did the decorating at the church and venue as well.
4. I used Anh Sobo of Hudson Valley Events. My only regret was not hiring her to do more. She was a God-send. Here’s the review I posted on the Hudson Valley board:
Vendor Review (Planner/Coordinator): Hudson Valley Events
Post # 4
You might also want to post on some of the local NY, NJ, CT boards:
Post # 5
1. Live in NY, wedding in Worcester; my friendor DOC had to cancel late (6 weeks before wedding), so I had to hire last-minute and hired an NYC DOC.
2. $800, plus I covered her hotel.
3. Was supposed to include assistant, but the contract actually listed that as “complimentary” or something – asst. cancelled last minute b/c she was pregnant. (WHAT?) Included services throughout the day, 1 meeting & unlimited phone calls, week-of vendor confirmation.
4. STRONG disrecommendation; hiring someone last minute when things fell through was a bad call. In retrospect, there were some red flags when I interviewed her, but I was desperate and running out of time, and I thought that having a DOC was really important, so I overlooked it. She was horrible to my family and friends, didn’t understand the schedule, and messed up several aspects of my wedding. I am still hearing stories of her being mean, messing things up by not knowing what was going on, etc. I wish I had had the presence of mind to dismiss her after the ceremony, when it was clear that she was a hot mess. She did more harm than good by being there.
Post # 6
Thanks Ladies…I’m considering going local but she also is willing to look at nationwide data so I will keep it open for now.
Post # 7
bump. thanks for your help.
Post # 8
In St Louis my DOC is $500 but just raised her prices to $1000 this season. She is there for the rehearsal and all day for the wedding. She will do just about anything I need her to, from organizing the vendors, linign up the bridal party, and setting the tables at the reception.